The invisible DUP

THE KING

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course one of the world's best governed countries currently and historically one of the world leaders in a movement to representative democracy is France. Which is also a secular country, but I wonder if Kincardine's head would explode if he considered which branch of Christianity most in France subscribe to.

These countries you list are actually secular you raging bigot. All the best governed countries in the world are.

You should maybe check up on that more carefully. New Zealand still has the Windsor monarchy very much in place and Lutheranism is the established religion in an Anglicanism in England sort of way in both Denmark and Norway. Think of the four that were mentioned only Finland is arguably constitutionally secular but even there Lutheranism retains a residual legal status as being a national church in a Church of Scotland sort of way.

attachicon.gifromanov.jpg

Absolutely nothing about the government, policies nor conditions within those most secular of secular states in the entire world could actually be described as 'Protestant' - you utterly buckled, sectarian moron.

We're truly through the looking glass with this Grants' vodka sponsored Sevconian bigot this evening.

It's been a glorious fortnight for unmasking these so-called reasonable Sevconians. First Dorlomin's spittle-flecked breakdown, and now we have functioning alcoholic The_Kincardine making a raging thundercunt of himself.

Splendid.

:)

Peter Robinson is such a "highly skilled political operator" he lost one of Unionism's safest seats - let alone the DUP's - to the bloody Alliance Party last time out....

You know perfectly well that the problem was mainly caused by Iris:

The way he was able to bounce back from that and keep his hands on the levers of power is what is more noteworthy.

You should maybe check up on that more carefully. New Zealand still has the Windsor monarchy very much in place and Lutheranism is the established religion in an Anglicanism in England sort of way in both Denmark and Norway. Think of the four that were mentioned only Finland is arguably constitutionally secular but even there Lutheranism retains a residual legal status as being a national church in a Church of Scotland sort of way.

This is true some like the UK have a symbolic rule for the state religion and even a few bishops in the HOL which give an officially ambiguous status. But in reality, for all intents and purposes, are secular countries.

I'd never seen that before on here. Thanks for bringing that oh so witty clip and in no way stereotypical humour to my attention. I have no idea how I could possibly have missed it previously.

MUSSUS BUNFIELD

You know perfectly well that the problem was mainly caused by Iris:

The way he was able to bounce back from that and keep his hands on the levers of power is what is more noteworthy.

Right.

So Robinson profitting to the tune of half a million pounds on an ultra dodgy land deal, the story breaking two months before the general election - did not in any way piss off his constituents. It was all his wife shagging some teenager?

So Robinson a month later still acting "Meh! Whatever!" about it did not in any shape or form piss off people in East Belfast after listening to him in Stormont wittering on about "difficult decisions" & "austerity"? It was all still about his wife shagging a teenager?

Get real. Even in Northern Ireland, people get more upset if you are screwing them metaphorically rather than screwing others literally.

The only reason he "bounced back" is for the reasons I outlined earlier - bugger all coming though their ranks to replace him or the rest, combined with his stuffing of the higher echelons of the party with as many sycophants as possible Tony Blair style. Robinson has the party machine sewn up to an extent that if he falls, he takes a bloody lot of them with him. You may as well praise King for "bouncing back" at Rangers - it's easy to make others dance to your tune when you're the only juke box in town.

In reality, one year after losing his Westminster seat he got back in again no problem getting way more first preference votes in the same constituency than his two DUP colleagues in the Stormont election. Once Iris was removed from the picture things bounced back to normal. You might like to see your political opponents as being drooling morons rather than acknowledging that some of them might have a bit of ability even if they are misguided in their viewpoints, but suggesting that there were no viable alternatives for the DUP at that point is really taking the piss.

Ignoring their wackier god squad members that think the world is 7000 years old, have you ever heard of Jeffrey Donaldson, Sammy Wilson, Nigel Dodds and Gregory Campbell? All appear to me to be capable of rationality and are unlikely to think that Jesus was around at the same time as a brontosaurus, and all are probably more than capable of keeping the votes flowing in for a party like the DUP in an NI context if they ever became head honcho. They may not have enough depth in talent to fill all the parliamentary posts they need to fill, but they do have enough talented politicians to fill a minibus.

In reality, one year after losing his Westminster seat he got back in again no problem getting way more first preference votes in the same constituency than his two DUP colleagues in the Stormont election. Once Iris was removed from the picture things bounced back to normal. You might like to see your political opponents as being drooling morons rather than acknowledging that some of them might have a bit of ability even if they are misguided in their viewpoints, but suggesting that there were no viable alternatives for the DUP at that point is really taking the piss.

Ignoring their wackier god squad members that think the world is 7000 years old, have you ever heard of Jeffrey Donaldson, Sammy Wilson, Nigel Dodds and Gregory Campbell? All appear to me to be capable of rationality and are unlikely to think that Jesus was around at the same time as a brontosaurus, and all are probably more than capable of keeping the votes flowing in for a party like the DUP in an NI context if they ever became head honcho. They may not have enough depth in talent to fill all the parliamentary posts they need to fill, but they do have enough talented politicians to fill a minibus.

I think Gregory might.

I feel Sammy is too far removed from the Free Presbyterian element of the DUP to be the leader, although I could be wrong, I think he'd be an excellent leader..

But if he isn't electable that leaves Nigel Dodds or Jeffrey Donaldson, my money's on Jeffrey, I think he has been biding his time.

The very fact these nutters are the largest party in NI tells you everything you need to know.

They'd be an absolute irrelevance in any forward thinking progressive nation.

True, but that isn't really a fair stick to beat N Ireland with. The place is the way it is due to the UK's colonial interference, not something genetically wrong with the people there.

I think Gregory might.

What I've heard is that although he plays the rabble rouser in front of the cameras, in a similar manner to Ian Paisley his private persona is different and in person he's actually quite moderate and reasonable. He's very good at annoying his political opponents and that's usually a sign of someone with a bit of an intellect, who knows exactly how to push people's buttons. It takes a lot of emotional control to do something like this when you are dealing with a strand of political thought that once placed a bomb beneath your car:

What I've heard is that although he plays the rabble rouser in front of the cameras, in a similar manner to Ian Paisley his private persona is different and in person he's actually quite moderate and reasonable. He's very good at annoying his political opponents and that's usually a sign of someone with a bit of an intellect, who knows exactly how to push people's buttons. It takes a lot of emotional control to do something like this when you are dealing with a strand of political thought that once placed a bomb beneath your car:

You're right there!

Archived