What's behind the SNP lead in the polls?

Granny Danger

Ad lib, were you at a Glasgow hustings today?

Word on the street is that the lib was quite good.

Labour's heads were spinning

No. I'm just out from a hustings at Giffnock Synagogue though. Considering how pro a Jim audience it was, the great news is three undecided voters came up to me, unprompted, to say on the basis of this evening they would now vote Liberal Democrat.

This parrot may not soar over the Galapagos but it's not dead either.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. I'm just out from a hustings at Giffnock Synagogue though. Considering how pro a Jim audience it was, the great news is three undecided voters came up to me, unprompted, to say on the basis of this evening they would now vote Liberal Democrat.

This parrot may not soar over the Galapagos but it's not dead either.

Was Jim Ok?

Ad lib, were you at a Glasgow hustings today?

Word on the street is that the lib was quite good.

Labour's heads were spinning

I'm guessing this might have been Gary McLelland? He's standing in Glasgow East. He's really sound. Great guy. Bundles of enthusiasm.

Describing Gordon Brown's pre-Referendum antics as back bencher gone rogue is either extremely naïve or intellectually dishonest.

He didn't just stumble out on network TV broadcasts and start winging speeches, or provide constant newspaper copy off the top of his head in the final few weeks. Darling was probably making his tea for him towards the end.

Describing Gordon Brown's pre-Referendum antics as back bencher gone rogue is either extremely naïve or intellectually dishonest.

He didn't just stumble out on network TV broadcasts and start winging speeches, or provide constant newspaper copy off the top of his head in the final few weeks. Darling was probably making his tea for him towards the end.

Not if my sources in the BetterTogether campaign are right. The Westminster Parties almost went into meltdown when Brown stuck his head above the parapet. They couldn't admit at the time that he was acting rogue, so fell into line, but they were privately furious that he basically appointed himself Union-saver-in-chief without discussing strategy with them first.

I find that very, very hard to believe (from your sources, not that you heard that).

The UK's media and Better Together's rent-an-audience didn't just turn up in front of him whilst he went off on one. His interventions were acts of pure, organised campaigning and I very much doubt anything was left to accident.

It's quite convenient for Labour, Tories and the Lib Dems to be able to characterise their one time de-facto spokesman as some raj who said what he wanted but not many folk will buy it. The fact that such an unreliable troublesome maverick is being wheeled out yet again simply confirms this as nonsense.

Not if my sources in the BetterTogether campaign are right. The Westminster Parties almost went into meltdown when Brown stuck his head above the parapet. They couldn't admit at the time that he was acting rogue, so fell into line, but they were privately furious that he basically appointed himself Union-saver-in-chief without discussing strategy with them first

Complete and utter shite and as said to you intellectually dishonest. Was Osborne also a back bench MP gone rogue? You're a fucking liar.

You're talking absolute shite and lying through your teeth, the vow was announced on the Sunday morning show with Andrew Marr by the fucking chancellor, not Gordon Brown. You're a disgrace.

I find that very, very hard to believe (from your sources, not that you heard that).

The UK's media and Better Together's rent-an-audience didn't just turn up in front of him whilst he went off on one. His interventions were acts of pure, organised campaigning and I very much doubt anything was left to accident.

It's quite convenient for Labour, Tories and the Lib Dems to be able to characterise their one time de-facto spokesman as some raj who said what he wanted but not many folk will buy it. The fact that such an unreliable troublesome maverick is being wheeled out yet again simply confirms this as nonsense.

Of course its nonsense, it was announced by George Osborne not Gordon Brown, Ad Lib is a disgraceful liar.

Not if my sources in the BetterTogether campaign are right. The Westminster Parties almost went into meltdown when Brown stuck his head above the parapet. They couldn't admit at the time that he was acting rogue, so fell into line, but they were privately furious that he basically appointed himself Union-saver-in-chief without discussing strategy with them first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EE4alauiS4

Here's a response to the OP from Vice:

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/how-labour-lost-scotland-843?utm_content=buffer0a751&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

How Labour Lost Scotland to the SNP

"Which way will you be voting in May?" I ask a table laden with lunchtime half pints and nips in the members' bar at Loanhead Miners Welfare and Social Club in Midlothian, half a dozen miles or so from Edinburgh. "We're all Labour," says one man with a broad smile.

"Are we f**k!" roars his drinking companion across the table. The sound of televised horse racing fills the room, breaking the momentary silence.

I'm guessing this might have been Gary McLelland? He's standing in Glasgow East. He's really sound. Great guy. Bundles of enthusiasm.

Pass on to him then that a couple of Nats I speak to had him in second place and that he came across very well. Raised a few interesting points as well.

Yer still screwed though

Archived