PLAY OFFS

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I laugh every time I see you or any other QoS posting this. You are fooling nobody....nobody at all. I think QoS are an excellent team and have a great record against both Rangers and Hibs and have already beaten a premier team

Why would I even attempt to fool anybody here?

Admittedly, I'm pessimistic by nature, but I think our chances are remote.

Overcoming even this Rangers side over two legs would be remarkable given the disparity in resources, let alone overcoming another two bigger clubs afterwards.

There's nothing self deprecating about saying so; it's simply reality.

Why would I even attempt to fool anybody here? Admittedly, I'm pessimistic by nature, but I think our chances are remote. Overcoming even this Rangers side over two legs would be remarkable given the disparity in resources, let alone overcoming another two bigger clubs afterwards. There's nothing self deprecating about saying so; it's simply reality.

Got to agree. Rangers fans won`t be happy that you Hibs and Motherwell as bigger clubs though ;)

It`s quite a thought to be 6 games from the Premiership. In theory we could get there without winning another game though clearly 3 penalty shoot outs would be tough on the nerves. :lol:

Edit to add that this is absolutely our best chance of going up given history confirms that finishing above Falkirk is a once in a lifetime experience.

Got to agree. Rangers fans won`t be happy that you Hibs and Motherwell as bigger clubs though ;)

It`s quite a thought to be 6 games from the Premiership. In theory we could get there without winning another game though clearly 3 penalty shoot outs would be tough on the nerves. :lol:

Edit to add that this is absolutely our best chance of going up given history confirms that finishing above Falkirk is a once in a lifetime experience.

Lesser clubs history wise have finished above us and are in the top league currently.... I leave size of clubs down to folk that feel it matter, I've said from day one ur only as big as where u finish, footballing merit should be all about current and ending league positions.... End of the day its how the bigger picture is resolved....Celtic top champions league and so on....

We are the 17th biggest club in Scotland as it stands....winning the cup doesn't change that.... But will give me time to evaluate and rejoice my support and complete a bit of me...

6 games in 4 weeks is tough and speaking from experience, the initial two legs each tie is draining, stats so far prove that, will be interesting to see if that continues....these six games are probably the biggest six game in the Scottish leagues this season, sadly the first four greater, showing where Scottish football is...

I see that the SPFL have hit back at Rangers and any others who are threatening to use the Play Off cash rules as a "pickand mix".

As I and several others have been saying in previous posts ..............all 42 clubs agreed unanimously to these rules so there should be no deviation.

Guest Flash

I can't find a rule that says season ticket holders, or anybody else for that matter, can't be allowed in for nothing.

Rule I26 says that the home club has absolute discretion for the prices charged for league or play off matches.

The only possibility is rule I31 that says you can't charge a different price for home and away fans in similar accommodation, which means if season ticket holders get in for nothing, away fans occupying similar accommodation also have to get in for nothing.

There is an exclusion to this in Rule I32.1 which says that any discount per league match included in a season ticket doesn't count. But the exception to the rule doesn't seem to apply to play-off matches, so if season ticket holders are allowed free entry, it would appear that away fans occupying similar accommodation should also get in for free.

I could be wrong though and will stand corrected if somebody can point out the rule that says season ticket holders have to pay for play-off matches. I'm also not sure if Rule I32.1 means away fans should get in for nothing if season ticket holders do.

The first point is that all 42 clubs know the spirit of the rules and that Play Offs were introduced on the basis that these games would generate cash forthe"greater good".

If a club chooses to make it free entry - my understanding is that it has to be or all supporters - home and away.

If a club makes it free entry they will have to pick up policing cost and effectively be outof pocket.

Lets be honest rangers and Hibs are tryingto circumvent the 50% levy but they signed up to it safe in the knowledge that it would never affect them.

I see that the SPFL have hit back at Rangers and any others who are threatening to use the Play Off cash rules as a "pickand mix".

As I and several others have been saying in previous posts ..............all 42 clubs agreed unanimously to these rules so there should be no deviation.

Hopefully Rangers charge something silly like £1, apparently the splf needs the money for parachute payments and they saw the chance of a windfall with up to three games at Ibrox.

The first point is that all 42 clubs know the spirit of the rules and that Play Offs were introduced on the basis that these games would generate cash forthe"greater good".

If a club chooses to make it free entry - my understanding is that it has to be or all supporters - home and away.

If a club makes it free entry they will have to pick up policing cost and effectively be outof pocket.

Lets be honest rangers and Hibs are tryingto circumvent the 50% levy but they signed up to it safe in the knowledge that it would never affect them.

You keep saying Hibs, let's see some links or official quotes from Hibs on this matter?

You keep saying Hibs, let's see some links or official quotes from Hibs on this matter?

Yes Hibs have been entirely quiet on the matter. There seems to be a general assumption that since they let season ticket holders in for free last year they'll want to do it again but I've seen no comment from them at all on it. I guess they don't really need to make any comment at the moment. If Rangers fail in their attempts to give tickets away free and not account for the cash to the SPFL then Hibs needn't get involved. If Rangers succeed then Hibs can at that point decide if they want to do the same. Motherwell have apparently said they do not intend to charge their season ticket holders though.

Odds from Ladbrokes

Any SPL Team 5/4, Hibs 11/5, Rangers 13/5 and QOS 11/1

Does this surprise you?

Where we not at 16/1 a few days ago?

Archived