Fight of the Century

Mayweather v Pacquiao  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really hope Pac wins but just have a feeling Mayweather will no doubt have a game plan worked out to a tee and will end up making Pac fight his fight and controlling things in the middle/late rounds. Don't see a KO for either and think it'll be unanimous but close on the score cards.

Mind you, if anyone has the speed and power to unseat Mayweather, Pacquiao's yer man!

Should be tasty, with a close fight generating a rematch.

'Mon the Pacman!!

Really hope Pac wins but just have a feeling Mayweather will no doubt have a game plan worked out to a tee and will end up making Pac fight his fight and controlling things in the middle/late rounds. Don't see a KO for either and think it'll be unanimous but close on the score cards.

Mind you, if anyone has the speed and power to unseat Mayweather, Pacquiao's yer man!

Should be tasty, with a close fight generating a rematch.

'Mon the Pacman!!

Pretty much agree with all this. Hoping for a Pacquiao win but I can't see anything other than a Mayweather points victory, possibly with rounds to spare. The more cynical side of me reckons a draw meaning an even more lucrative rematch.

Mayweather to win on points. Although like the majority of the world would love Pac to win.

I have a little feeling Mayweather may look to KB Manny and look to trade at one point in the fight. A lot of talk from training he is looking strong and looking to lay people out. Interesting.

Leave Glasgow tomorrow morning to fly to Amsterdam then onto the States. Managed to get Close Circuit tix for the Mandalay Bay so watching from their. Actually buzzing and doubt I will sleep much tonight. Hyper.

Agree that watching Mayweather is usually about appreciating the mastery rather than genuine excitement, whereas Pacquiao fights are more often action packed but think that both fighters will get drawn into the other's fight at points. Should be interesting!

Also, no real stamina issues so would expect them to be giving it all right to the final bell. Just hope the styles don't cancel each other out. This should be massive for boxing but a damp squib is no doubt going to lead to the doubters tutting and moaning about boxing being a spent force..maybe this is why there's not been massive promotion beforehand?

Welljel at Wellboy btw!

I hope Pac will know Mayweather out, and a few year ago I'd have put money on it. Can only see a Mayweather win as it stands tbh.

2 losses in his last 5 fights, and the three that he did win were by decision. Manny last TKO'd a fighter 5 year ago when he beat Miguel Cotto and last KO'd someone when he fought Hatton.

Mayweather's a lot less explosive than Pac, and I think for Pac to win he NEEDS to knock Mayweather out one way or the other.

I reckon century is optimistic. I think we'll see a bigger fight with people in their prime before the century is out, rather than two undoubted greats, a little late in their careers.

As I've already said i'd lock Pacquiao to knock him out, but I can't see anything other than a Mayweather points decision.

Pacman needs to KO to win IMO, as Mayweather is always likely to get points decisions in Vegas. Aside from Mayweathers arguable 'cheap shot' KO of of Ortiz neither of them has won by KO for about 7 year so points decision for Mayweather is my prediction.

That said, I'll be over the moon if Pacman gets the W.

I'm with the general consensus in that I'd love Manny to sparkle Mayweather, especially after the recent trash talking(or should that be cash talking?) from the Mayweather camp.

Dream scenario is the Pacman putting Mayweather on his ass and giving it the old "You got knocked the f**k out....now gimme my goddamn money"!!

111967-Friday-you-got-knocked-the-fuc-kt

Unlikely to happen though :(

Archived