A Labour/SNP coalition? Why not?

Granny Danger

I'm nowhere near 100 years old but do support real independence, regional devolution and localism. The English should have their own Parliament if they want it.

Without SNP votes on English laws, Miliband would not be able to legislate on most matters in England. Btw, what do you think of Salmond boasting about writing a Labour budget?

What is it with all these unionists that makes them just that little bit thicker than the rest of us?

The fact that only you and David Cameron in the WHOLE of the UK doesn't know and accept that Salmond was joking rather than boasting doesn't surprise me.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will. There are hundreds of folk who come to Heathrow each day on business from Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh. What Crossrail will allow is time to meet clients around the Windsor/Slough area and also easy access to The City and back out.

Crossrail will allow folk from Scotland to do in one day what they needed two days to do before. Poor business for the london expense-account restaurants though ;)

Yeah I'd prefer they paid for their own infrastructure actually, London is contributing f**k all to the new Forth Bridge.

God forbid we undermine our trade with Slough.

Thats what I was thinking.

Scotland's contribution to Crossrail would be enough to dual the A1 between Edinburgh and Newcastle with change left over. I don't know many who are that fussed about doing a Slough return trip in a day but connecting our Capital City to the North East of England with a decent road would be immensely more beneficial to Scotlands Economy.

Thats what I was thinking.

Scotland's contribution to Crossrail would be enough to dual the A1 between Edinburgh and Newcastle with change left over. I don't know many who are that fussed about doing a Slough return trip in a day but connecting our Capital City to the North East of England with a decent road would be immensely more beneficial to Scotlands Economy.

What a fuckin great post. Sums it up, what is of benefit to Scotland means nothing within a UK context though, we just have to contribute to what the UK govt decide is in 'the national interest'.

Did I mention neanderthals?

BTW it's 'tack'.

The Neanderthal is the person that thinks it's wise to change election strategy whilst riding high in the polls. Maybe you should apply to be one of Slabs campaign advisors.

Archived