Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

More than 3 times I've said I wanted Ferguson sacked.

I'm on record as saying I don't ever see him being a decent manager - but I'll hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong if he gets us promoted.

I haven't been at the last few games, so don't know if things have totally turned around, or if the manager has had a lucky break with Higgins being injured - forcing him to change the way the team is set out.

My guess is Linton playing in midfield had made a big difference to the team, and to the way Gormley plays.

No matter whether its down to the manager or not, I'm just happy that results, and performances, have improved dramatically - and has me looking forward to watching my team again.

Snap. Apart from the wanting the manager sacked bit, perhaps save for the fallout of said Cup tie. I appreciate the ironic humour with which you asked what goes best with humble pie....it's far too early to admit you were wholly wrong, even if we completely disagree on whether he's got it, or not. Obviously we all want the former, but in the event of the latter, then i think it would be a sad day when having to go cap in hand to a Coughlin or Spiers type dinosaur to fix the mess. There would be no winner, then.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read somewhere that he targeted championship standard players who couldn't afford to live on championship wages so he gets them to us and they can get day jobs as they're not full time pros anymore and pick up smaller wages with us

I have heard at least 3 of the players signed from championship clubs are now on MORE money at Clyde than their previous clubs. So make of that what you will. . .

Anyway, glad things are going better on the park. This season was pretty much make or break for Barry's reputation. Hopefully we can benefit from the short term cash boost to get out of this hellhole of a league.

The playing budget was increased by 20K this season and we are also running with a smaller squad than recent seasons.

There is 24 player profiles on the official site - 4 of them are youngsters and won't be on that much McMillian, Robb, Brisbane and Lynass (who has now left the club). 2 of them are on amateur terms Andrews & A.Higgins, Ross Fisher is out on loan and another is Mark Roberts.

When you deduct all of them then you are left with 16 and of that 16 Ferguson, McQueen, Marsh and Durie have all been here for 2 seasons or more so I don't think they will be on substantially more than what they were previous.

That however leaves nine players all from significantly higher placed clubs....Gibson, McLaughlin M, Linton, Mitchell, Murray, McLaughlin S, Higgins S, Campbell and arguably Gormley......the others we've signed from our own division. These are discussions that have taken place since May....and no one is complaining at the obvious quality displayed by several of the new players whatsoever. Having the club's welfare at heart though only seems a one way street.....surely those concerns are valid???

That however leaves nine players all from significantly higher placed clubs....Gibson, McLaughlin M, Linton, Mitchell, Murray, McLaughlin S, Higgins S, Campbell and arguably Gormley......the others we've signed from our own division. These are discussions that have taken place since May....and no one is complaining at the obvious quality displayed by several of the new players whatsoever. Having the club's welfare at heart though only seems a one way street.....surely those concerns are valid???

think one concern is how we finance a multi million pound move to shettleston and keep the player budget at level to keep us competitive if we did get promoted you have to think we would have to increase it further think it would be good if we could see the full plan

Shettleston i think should be considered merely as buying a house....one which should, managed correctly, see fairly immediate returns from gates, outlets, sponsorship and hospitality reinvested on the team, the facilities, the youth setup and with more than a glancing eye on getting promoted and attracting larger gates. None of it will be easy....blaming Broadwood and NLL for everything is easy, but the oportunity is there. The long term aim should always be to become the best part-time team in the land....an option we didn't consider in 2005 when left with one contracted senior player.

hardest thing will be to build up an infrastructure one of the problems in the present structure is the reliance on volunteers as we have seen it's very variable and tends to be a small group who are extremely difficult to replace as I said it would be good to see how we do the things that aggro has mentioned going to take some good business heads to get this up and running it still comes down to somehow not having paying for the ground being a milestone around our neck

To be fair, that small group of volunteers used to be a great big fucking group of volunteers. From race nights, to running PotY and gentleman's evenings, the United Clyde Fund, commemorative Celtic-gubbing T-shirts, walks from Shawfield, could be argued these are tired out ideas that just couldn't be flogged any more....the current quota of events is extremely low, given the (possible) location we might be going to, having a permanent venue to stage them may boost numbers and frequency.

fair enough but these events should seen as extras to help the club not as something as a permenant source of income the guys who ran them put in a lot of time and effort think we just basically got charity fatigued you can only go to the well so often as you say with a permanent location you can build these things as a source of extra income but there has to be solid financial Base which is built upon clear revenue streams that don't depend on how many people turn up to a race night or sell half time draw tickets

When the ball's in the net and it's in off a head its Scott Linton; when he scores and we win and its in the top bin its Scott Linton; ring ring ring, singa singa sing, up and down the wing feedin Fergie and Gormley; and we all.agree that the best number three is Scott Linton.....

When the ball's in the net and it's in off a head its Scott Linton; when he scores and we win and its in the top bin its Scott Linton; ring ring ring, singa singa sing, up and down the wing feedin Fergie and Gormley; and we all.agree that the best number three is Scott Linton.....

Bravo Aggro. Bravo.

Irish eyes are smiling right enough

post-417-14484039410197_thumb.jpg

p***:)

Archived