The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changed days. I remember back at Broomfield they were one of the few visitors who used to bring so man fans that there were some by the corner flag at the away end.

Changed days for everyone, with only really the bigots bringing similar levels of support to away grounds consistently over the years. Everyone else is dependent on their team performing well as evidenced by the away supports of both Morton and Dunfermline when chasing titles compared to when not.

And I'm sure fans of other clubs will say the same about us, so let's not encourage some of them to come on and start another crowd w**k.

David Ferguson and Dylan Mackin join on development loans from Motherwell until the end of the season.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2016/01/06/young-duo-join-airdrie-on-loan/

Ferguson is a defender and Mackin is a striker. We needed improvement in these positions so hopefully they can provide that.

Now a midfielder please.

Rumours around the club that the older players are being phased out. Hopefully it's not done too hasty. Lister and Prunty still have a bit to offer.
its not just a rumour, its true. That's why ewb got 2 and 1\2 yr contract.

The striker sounds promising in some repects (good scoring record for u20s), plays as a lone centre forward, big strong, holds up play, intelligent. What does that mean for the likes of Prunty and Lister? Hopefully means end of Morgan.

Defender had a bit of experience but flitted in and out of Annan team and had a spell out injured.

I thought when Black came in it was to bring on our youth players. Where does this fit in with our youth model?

The striker sounds promising in some repects (good scoring record for u20s), plays as a lone centre forward, big strong, holds up play, intelligent. What does that mean for the likes of Prunty and Lister? Hopefully means end of Morgan.

Defender had a bit of experience but flitted in and out of Annan team and had a spell out injured.

I thought when Black came in it was to bring on our youth players. Where does this fit in with our youth model?

I think this says quite clearly we don't have a youth model

Archived