The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Neil Parry is a fantastic signing. McNeil didnt cover himself in glory in his time with us even though he was consistent in the last half of the season. Parry is an Airdrie fan and it's good to bring him in from the rovers because it weakens another team in our league that we can hopefully take full points from in the coming season.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing the lad Ross Docherty has signed on at Somerset Park. Have to admit I don`t know much about him.

Ayr fan trying to troll us :lol::thumsup2:D

Someone has said this for every player signed so far :thumsup2

Thanks for playing anyway

Two players Bollan will be familiar with fit and the bill perfectly to replace Paddy and Docherty in Jason Talbot and Burton O'Brien both released from Livi as far as I'm aware. I doubt any business will be done in terms of players coming in until the ownership situation is clarified and sorted however.

Two players Bollan will be familiar with fit and the bill perfectly to replace Paddy and Docherty in Jason Talbot and Burton O'Brien both released from Livi as far as I'm aware. I doubt any business will be done in terms of players coming in until the ownership situation is clarified and sorted however.

Don't know much about Talbot but from what I've seen of O'Brien over the years all he contributes to a team is a substantial drain on the wage bill. No thanks, if we had that kind of money to throw at a player I'd prefer to throw it at Docherty.

Don't know much about Talbot but from what I've seen of O'Brien over the years all he contributes to a team is a substantial drain on the wage bill. No thanks, if we had that kind of money to throw at a player I'd prefer to throw it at Docherty.

Sadly though with him signing for Ayr it doesn't matter how much money you throw at him now

I would certainly take Talbot as a replacement for Boyle but not keen on O'Brien tbh, would rather see us take on someone younger who would potentially improve with us instead of slowly get worse while picking up a wage, tried that before with the likes of Hardie and didn't get us very far

Docherty is a massive loss. Key part of our midfield and our good run of form last season. Bollan has a good eye for a player and can find a gem but hopefully he will be able to before the season starts this year, to replace Docherty, rather than halfway through the season.

Sadly though with him signing for Ayr it doesn't matter how much money you throw at him now

Yeah I get that, just making the point that if we were going to think along the lines of BOB as a potential replacement I'd have preferred to see the envelope pushed out for Docherty. He's going to be a huge loss unless a suitable replacement can be found. Hopefully it'll be one of these wrong career choices for him that sees his career go backwards or at least stagnate.

Archived