The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Yeah I get that, just making the point that if we were going to think along the lines of BOB as a potential replacement I'd have preferred to see the envelope pushed out for Docherty. He's going to be a huge loss unless a suitable replacement can be found. Hopefully it'll be one of these wrong career choices for him that sees his career go backwards or at least stagnate.

So because he never signed for Airdrie you hope his career suffers. What happened to all the best and thanks for your effort etc. Thankfully not all fans are as bitter as you about ex players.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The story in the Record about your potential new investor is interesting. Reminds me a wee bit of the Restora Roof character who was floating about Ayr at the beginning of the season, investing in all types of football before trying to take over a club. Of course, it turned out he was a fruitcake and would have been a disastrous appointment...hopefully it works out a wee bit better for you guys.

So because he never signed for Airdrie you hope his career suffers. What happened to all the best and thanks for your effort etc. Thankfully not all fans are as bitter as you about ex players.

He did well for us and was an excellent player. In saying that he was at the club for 5 months and in a lifetime of over 40 years supporting the club that equates to f**k all. He owes the club nothing as can be seen by him moving on to, in his opinion, better himself and equally as a supporter I owe him f**k all. No point in me wishing him all the best at what is a "rival" club when in reality I have no interest in what happens to him when he's not wearing our colours. Had he been a guy who had provided loyal service over many years my opinion would be different but in this instance I'll leave the sycophantic well wishing to others.

No nothing about the guy, hard to know how to take this news. It's impossible not to be suspicious of someone taking over a football club at this level as there's no money to be made from the footballing side, so you don't know what their true intentions are. On the other hand we are going nowhere as a club just now, and I don't think ever would have under Ballantyne. It's the same routine at the end of every season with our good players leaving and us being back to square one. We've got out of jail the last two years after terrible starts but we can't keep relying on that.

Potentially exciting times ahead.

Also slightly sceptical of his motivation but since we don't own the stadium, or any other assets other than the name and league place, I wouldn't see anyone buying us unless it was for the right reasons. I also don't think Ballantyne would sell his shares to a charlatan.

I think the time is right for change - has been for a few years now. The club has suffered from a crippling lack of ambition and investment in the last few years and hopefully our new man can provide both.

Will be interesting to see if the Ballantynes stay on in some role.

David Cox basically confirmed as signing for you next week. Was very well thought of at Peterhead & always gave 100% & would wish him well. Think a few things have made this move come about & disappointed he decided to move back down the road but hope he enjoys his time with you apart from our games obviously.

David Cox basically confirmed as signing for you next week. Was very well thought of at Peterhead & always gave 100% & would wish him well. Think a few things have made this move come about & disappointed he decided to move back down the road but hope he enjoys his time with you apart from our games obviously.

Very underwhelming signing of true.

Wee angry ned from what I can remember.

What Position does he play ?

This is the lad that came off the bench to score against us in our first meeting last season, aye? Haven't seen much of him apart from that goal, but I remember him having lightning pace.

This is the lad that came off the bench to score against us in our first meeting last season, aye? Haven't seen much of him apart from that goal, but I remember him having lightning pace.

I just remember him being a niggly little c**t. He's the laddie who has battled depression and attempted suicide in which case we may not be the best fit as a fanbase for him.

Archived