The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Scott fraser for one, bryan prunty is a much better player, if parker was that good why was the only team who came in for him was clyde

Bryan Prunty contributed more in goals and effort but he hasn't half the footballing ability that Parker has. He is just a much harder worker, fitter and faster,

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so a better player then

A better athelete, not a better footballer.

Depends what you value, workhorses or people with ability. A team needs a mix, it cant be all one or the other.

When they were in their prime and Parker was fitter, faster and hungrier he played at a far superior level to anything Prunty ever did.

So allegedly we are signing David Cox. Wonder if there will be the same sort of outcry (though admittedly he hasn't been prosecuted yet).

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/cops-hunt-fugitive-football-starlet-4496749

Lithgow out. Cox out!

Sorry to be late but the first I heard of our signing Mr Lithgow was today when it appeared in the local paper.

I've made a few posts about Mr Lithgow over the years. My view has always been that football clubs who are trying to attract families to their games should not be signing players with the record Mr Lithgow has. My view remains the same.

He MUST go.

I think Mcaleer is a good signing but I'd like to know why he f@cked off in the first place. Money I presume - which is fair enough but he's maybe a little lucky Bollan has taken him back.

McAleer was only on Loan from Partick Thistle which is where he went back to so he didnt really f*ck off. Bollan

did try and sign him last season but he went to East Fife instead for some reason. He only ended up playing five

games for them. I for one am glad he is back. What I didnt know is that he was supposed to go to Albion Rovers

but the deal broke down and then two days later he came to us on loan instead

McAleer was only on Loan from Partick Thistle which is where he went back to so he didnt really f*ck off. Bollan

did try and sign him last season but he went to East Fife instead for some reason. He only ended up playing five

games for them. I for one am glad he is back. What I didnt know is that he was supposed to go to Albion Rovers

but the deal broke down and then two days later he came to us on loan instead

Yeah probably worded it badly. To drop a division when he could have "stayed" with us (after being with us for a while albeit on loan) was effectively my point. I'm happy he's back too - just thought he might of pissed Bollan off.

I'd be delighted for Lister to re-sign, that's good news too.

When it comes to being a striker it doesnt matter how fast you are or what your ability is. All that matters is how many goals you can score. Parker played 35 and scored 6. Prunty palyed 30 and scored 14. So stats wise Parker scores 1 goal in nearly every 6 games and Prunty scores 1 goal nearly every 2 games

If McAleer can recapture his form from the season before last then he'll be an excellent signing. Another creative outlet and a threat out wide. His spell at East Fife clearly didn't work out too well for whatever reason but I'm happy to have him back.

Good news (hopefully) RE Lister.

As for the Parker v Prunty debate - Parker is a much better player technically and has better vision, movement and creativity. However Prunty offers goals which is invaluable in this league and especially for a team like ours who aren't the most prolific. Ideally I'd have liked to have kept both but understand why Parker moved on.

Parker was a key part of our turnaround too. Him and Lister formed a great partnership upfront and it was clear Lister benefited from playing alongside him.

Delighted to announce that we are running our 2nd football strip amnesty in conjunction with the KitAid charity on June 27th. Same deal as before....we try to raise as many pieces of football kit as possible to send to 3rd world countries, and in return, hand out under 16 season tickets in return. Please spread the word and help to make this venture a success again...spread the word as far as you can...your pub, workplace, library, church, local shop, kids' school etc..

11428480_10153019646417252_7810067793511

As predicted.

Nobody has forgotten about Lithgow. No point going on about it, going over the same points again and again.

I hear there's a snippet on the front page of the Tiser. Haven't read it yet though.

Archived