The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Season ticket prices to be held at the same price as last season, at £235 for an unreserved adult (£250 reserved) and concessions at £135 unreserved (£153 reserved).

What a fantastic gesture that is from the club.

I mean they could be forgiven for increasing the costs for playing at the exactly same level this season as we did last season.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fitzy took a while to get going in the end he looked a decent player. Don't see what the problem with gilfillan is we've never lost a game with gilfillan in the starting line up

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Interesting fact that. I really liked Gilfillan in what I saw of him, not the greatest with the ball at his feet but a very useful player nonetheless.

Interesting fact that. I really liked Gilfillan in what I saw of him, not the greatest with the ball at his feet but a very useful player nonetheless.

It's a very interesting stat, since his debut against dunfermline he played all the way up to ayr away, then he got injured we didn't lose a game in that period

I don't think half the folk go to the games that actually post on here, a missed 2 games last year, parker just ran and could hit a free kick, shat out every 50-50 and hardly scored a goal. Movement was good created space but noone with pace that could run in behind the defence. He wasnt the worst but he wasn't 'head and shoulders better' Need another winger macaleer would come back to airdrie if offered a contract, friend of mine asked him on twitter and he said yes. Gilfillan was a miss when he broke his cheekbone first game he missed was stranraer away and airdrie were poor missed him big time. Took a cracking finish to beat us right enough but poor none the less. Squads looking good for the first time in a good while coming to the end of june. Striker winger and a out and out left back is what were needing, jack mccue will be good to watch this year, looked promising when he got his 20 mins last game of the season. Looking forward to this season just hope it doesn't have the usual start and we can push on challenging for the league. The lithgow situation has been blown out of proportion aswell. Solid cb will do well at this level

I don't think half the folk go to the games that actually post on here, a missed 2 games last year, parker just ran and could hit a free kick, shat out every 50-50 and hardly scored a goal. Movement was good created space but noone with pace that could run in behind the defence. He wasnt the worst but he wasn't 'head and shoulders better'

I said "technically" he was head and shoulders better. Getting stuck into 50/50s is a matter of desire not technique. Name another player whose TECHNIQUE came close to Parker's? Who had as good a touch? who had his vision? Who had his movement? who had his passing? Who else could create chances for other like he could?

I said "technically" he was head and shoulders better. Getting stuck into 50/50s is a matter of desire not technique. Name another player whose TECHNIQUE came close to Parker's? Who had as good a touch? who had his vision? Who had his movement? who had his passing? Who else could create chances for other like he could?

I'd much rather have Prunty up front than parker. Parker was just no threat what so ever

Scott fraser for one, bryan prunty is a much better player, if parker was that good why was the only team who came in for him was clyde

Parker's technical ability was very good, but Fraser coming in took over the role in the team of making space, running channels and playing in Lister. This meant we could bring in Prunty as a goalscorer instead of Parker, so we had a two-pronged attack of two out-and-out forwards rather than Lister with Parker playing deep behind him, and credit goes to Bollan for accommodating that role deeper in midfield and still keeping as hard to beat as he did, ie playing Fitzpatrick, Gilfillan & Docherty behind Fraser.

Or at least thats my inebriated understanding of it.

I never once saw a percentage of effort from Parker at all, the boy never bothered his arse and his technique and composure lacked dramatically, when he came into the team there was no massive difference to the team, it was players like McCormack and Barr who made the difference, Parker barely had an impact, if he did he wouldn't be at Clyde, he'd be at Ayr with Boyle and docherty or with a much bigger club

Is it just me that thinks watt wouldnt be a great loss? Hes a tryer but thats about it

Agree similar case to Blockley although watt is probably marginally better, can't fault the boys effort but he certainly wouldn't be a big loss imo. Playing him out wide doesn't do him justice tho.

Doubt he'll play much anyway don't think Bollan rates him.

Is it just me that thinks watt wouldnt be a great loss? Hes a tryer but thats about it

Agree similar case to Blockley although watt is probably marginally better, can't fault the boys effort but he certainly wouldn't be a big loss imo. Playing him out wide doesn't do him justice tho.

Doubt he'll play much anyway don't think Bollan rates him.

He's rank rotten.

I never once saw a percentage of effort from Parker at all, the boy never bothered his arse and his technique and composure lacked dramatically, when he came into the team there was no massive difference to the team, it was players like McCormack and Barr who made the difference, Parker barely had an impact, if he did he wouldn't be at Clyde, he'd be at Ayr with Boyle and docherty or with a much bigger club

Adam, Milosevic and Barr made ALL the difference that season, Barr especially. Dazaster and Parker were passengers.

Archived