The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We as a club are no longer in any position to question the moral character and actions of any player.

What are you even talking about? We couldn't afford him so regardless of character or actions we couldn't sign him and I just remember him being a nasty wee sh*te whenever we played rangers so wouldn't really want him here anyway

Ewan McNeil was a decent player for us a few years back when he was only 18/19, surprised he's without a club. Not suggesting we sign him as we've plenty full-backs, just surprised to see him on that list.

Saw that as well... Would be a decent signing I think.

To be fair we only have 5 defenders albeit Fitzpatrick and Gilfillan can fill in at the back so probably more than covered...

Josh Watt also on the PFA list I see. Really liked him when he was with us, remember he scored an absolute raker away to Raith Rovers.

On the chairman's meeting with fans tonight, he's saying the right things and making positive noises without actually giving many specifics. In fairness to the guy he's pretty much just in the door so it's probably difficult to be specific about long term issues so I look forward to the next meeting.

Can't say I'm overly enthused about Kevin Harper coming in as youth coach (or whatever his title will be ) but I don't know a great deal about his recent achievements to make too much of an issue on here.

The most positive aspect of the night as far as I'm concerned was that Ian Black wanted too much cash and consequently we haven't signed him. And thank f**k for that.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/kevin-harper-on-his-past-and-building-a-football-academy-1-3158730

This is a piece on Kevin Harper. Few years old but gives you an idea of the man

I'm surprised no one put the link about Kevin Harper battering his wife and spitting in her face up here or the fact he got done for snorting coke ,really good role model for our youth

Not defending these actions if true but will you ever be happy about anything at the club?

I've supported Airdrie home and away for over 20 years , was at the meeting last night and was delighted with most of the things the new chairman had to say, but I will always voice my concerns on issues I think are morally wrong

I've supported Airdrie home and away for over 20 years , was at the meeting last night and was delighted with most of the things the new chairman had to say, but I will always voice my concerns on issues I think are morally wrong

Archived