The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stephen Findlay left the club after being asked by Gus McPhearson personally to come on board at QP, he met with Airdrie management and told them of this, they did nothing to try and keep him, he will have a direct role at QP with his role in establishing players to progress into first team squad. The same role he had with J Boyle, but found resistance to laying youth from current Manager GB.

Stephen Findlay left the club after being asked by Gus McPhearson personally to come on board at QP, he met with Airdrie management and told them of this, they did nothing to try and keep him, he will have a direct role at QP with his role in establishing players to progress into first team squad. The same role he had with J Boyle, but found resistance to laying youth from current Manager GB.

Hi Stephen. Good luck in your new post.

Is that the sort of resistance that has seen six of last seasons' under 20s side promoted to the first team this season? Solid display of knowledge of our club's youth system right there!

Is that the sort of resistance that has seen six of last seasons' under 20s side promoted to the first team this season? Solid display of knowledge of our club's youth system right there!

Its alright saying that but how many are going to get a start? Some of them might not even get on the bench.

Now lets not let fact get in the way of a good story!

He will be missed by the club and I hope they did try and convince him to stay, but if they didn't then I'm sure they will have someone lined up to replace him

Its alright saying that but how many are going to get a start? Some of them might not even get on the bench.

Well, other than Macauley Wilson, they've all made their first team debuts.

I would say that McCue, Richford & Cadden will all have a very good chance of appearing regularly and Ferguson is our second choice keeper.

In any case, it's ludicrous to suggest Bollan has ever been anything other than supportive of our youth set up. As per usual, it's just someone who has 'heard something' and blurts it out without any way of substantiating it.

Well, other than Macauley Wilson, they've all made their first team debuts.

I would say that McCue, Richford & Cadden will all have a very good chance of appearing regularly and Ferguson is our second choice keeper.

In any case, it's ludicrous to suggest Bollan has ever been anything other than supportive of our youth set up. As per usual, it's just someone who has 'heard something' and blurts it out without any way of substantiating it.

Your club assisted other clubs by playing loan players rather than your own 20s squad, and lets see how many he plays before you say its ludicrous

Your club assisted other clubs by playing loan players rather than your own 20s squad, and lets see how many he plays before you say its ludicrous

Yes but so does nearly every other club in Scotland, is not just Airdrie who are guilty of this. Have QP never brought in a loan player when there was an u20's player who could fill the position?

Yes but so does nearly every other club in Scotland, is not just Airdrie who are guilty of this. Have QP never brought in a loan player when there was an u20's player who could fill the position?

correct but Im not trying to say that GM is more supportive of youth when GB is clearly resistant to it, he was at Livi

correct but Im not trying to say that GM is more supportive of youth when GB is clearly resistant to it, he was at Livi

I don't think there is any evidence to back up your claim what so ever, just short of 40% of our current squad is made up of current and former u20's players, I believe it was a similar if not higher figure when he was sacked at livi

Well you've certainly made a pretty tragic start to your posting career. Must try harder!

evidence is playing time being part of a squad is not supportive its making up numbers,whilst we co shared your ground i got to know many of your kids parents they said they could count on one hand how many games he attended, and was not supportive to the coaches, never took any sessions,would be vague if discussing there sons, my friends lad and nephew at differing age levels said the same at livi

evidence is playing time being part of a squad is not supportive its making up numbers,whilst we co shared your ground i got to know many of your kids parents they said they could count on one hand how many games he attended, and was not supportive to the coaches, never took any sessions,would be vague if discussing there sons, my friends lad and nephew at differing age levels said the same at livi

Oh well there you go that settles it then, definitely no come back to that, I mean if the disgruntled parents think he is anti youth then it must be true

Archived