The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob McHugh didn't have a fantastic goal scoring record either and he ended up getting 4 in 5 at us. Give the guy a chance....

Bob mchugh hadn't scored a goal all season before he came to us, annoys me when people give players stick and they haven't seen them play yet

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Here's the third trialist... anyone recognise him?

a_zpso6wiwyzc.png

I reckon you boys will sign this boy, he was number 4 and was by far the best player on the park, he never stopped speaking the whole game organising everything and encouraging everyone and i don't think he gave the ball away once. A couple of the young boys who came on seemed to have a bit of attitude especially the Ginger haired boy who came on and played on the left hand side.

nicolas šumský signs loan deal13th July 2015

Airdrie have completed the loan signing of Czech midfielder Nicolas Šumský from Hamilton Academical.

The 21-year-old, who can also play upfront, has signed until January after impressing manager Gary Bollan in Saturday's friendly at Nairn and last week's bounce game at East Kilbride.

The delighted gaffer said: "I'm pleased to welcome Nicolas to the Club, because I feel he has the ability to add something different to the squad."

Šumský joined Hamilton in February, having enjoyed a well-travelled career including spells at Monaco, River Plate, Parma and Dukla Banská Bystrica

Sumsky is a dud, he has no career goals, that includes for East Fife...

We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

nicolas šumský signs loan deal13th July 2015

Airdrie have completed the loan signing of Czech midfielder Nicolas Šumský from Hamilton Academical.

The 21-year-old, who can also play upfront, has signed until January after impressing manager Gary Bollan in Saturday's friendly at Nairn and last week's bounce game at East Kilbride.

The delighted gaffer said: "I'm pleased to welcome Nicolas to the Club, because I feel he has the ability to add something different to the squad."

Šumský joined Hamilton in February, having enjoyed a well-travelled career including spells at Monaco, River Plate, Parma and Dukla Banská Bystrica

Don't know anything about the guy but hopefully he can come in and do a decent job for us, has he been playing as a striker or a midfielder in the 2 matches so far?

I wasn't at Nairn, but judging by the photos he and Cox were a conventional front two. Played a bit deeper at EK, wasn't involved that much but looked to drive forward whenever he got the ball. Also hit a couple of nice free kicks, one just over and one forcing the keeper into a great save.

Good signing (on paper) and another option upfront which is good. Haven't seen any of the friendly games but by all accounts the other trialists have also impressed so hopefully we can get them signed up too.

Sumsky is a dud, he has no career goals, that includes for East Fife...

We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

As far as I am Aware he hasn't played for east fife !!!!

Just been told we have no 20s team this year,anyone heard anything?

Not heard anything and I don't imagine it will be the case. The blurb on the OS wishing Stevie Findlay best wishes in his move to Queens Park finishes with saying he'll be a hard act to follow. Surely not so hard that they've given up. I see that tonight's U20's game v EK Thistle has been cancelled so it's possibly 2 + 2 = 5. I certainly hope so as it would be a step backwards were it to be the case that we only had teams up to 17s.

Supposedly 6 or 7 of the development side have asked to be released, think someone is mischief making,

Wouldn't surprise me as they all appeared to have a good affinity with Stevie Findlay. Only heard good things about the guy, best wishes to him at QP.

See McHugh has signed for Falkirk. Bit of a challenge for him to take his end-of-season form to a higher level. For us, though, it means a potential striker target has been snapped up.

Also heard Stranraer only have 12 players signed on and that they tried to get Sumsky ahead of us. Think they'll be struggling this season unless Brian Reid can pull something out the bag.

Archived