The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

Why is there such a strong dislike towards Bollan from a section of our support? I have raised questions about many of his decisions and am not his biggest fan, however overall he came in when we were facing relegation to League 2. He managed to haul us up the league to 6th, after a stinking start last year he gets us 5th, a point outside the play-offs, and at the moment we are sitting 4th. Our general direction since he has come in has been upwards, and that is with any good players being taken by other clubs at the end of every season.

It might, and probably will, take someone else to take us that next step up a league, but he has done a decent job with us.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is there such a strong dislike towards Bollan from a section of our support? I have raised questions about many of his decisions and am not his biggest fan, however overall he came in when we were facing relegation to League 2. He managed to haul us up the league to 6th, after a stinking start last year he gets us 5th, a point outside the play-offs, and at the moment we are sitting 4th. Our general direction since he has come in has been upwards, and that is with any good players being taken by other clubs at the end of every season.

It might, and probably will, take someone else to take us that next step up a league, but he has done a decent job with us.

His tactics are pish his signings are questionable he has no interest in Airdrie and everything He's done it for to better himself...did we forget in the summer he handed his resignation in and wanted away to raith,dunfermline ect so why have a Manager that doesn't want to manage the team??? The sooner we get rid the better

#BOLLANOUT

His tactics are pish his signings are questionable he has no interest in Airdrie and everything He's done it for to better himself...did we forget in the summer he handed his resignation in and wanted away to raith,dunfermline ect so why have a Manager that doesn't want to manage the team??? The sooner we get rid the better

#BOLLANOUT

I must have been in a coma the week that happened, any chance you could post a link to the story?

#BOLLANOUT

Please point out any manager at any level who you think genuinely cares about the club and isn't just there to further their career? You're effectively having a go at him for not being an Airdrie fan. So long as he's doing his best to get us results - whatever his motive is - that's fine with me. If he gets a move to a bigger club then good, it means he'll have done a good job with us.

Please point out any manager at any level who you think genuinely cares about the club and isn't just there to further their career? You're effectively having a go at him for not being an Airdrie fan. So long as he's doing his best to get us results - whatever his motive is - that's fine with me. If he gets a move to a bigger club then good, it means he'll have done a good job with us.

Good job with us hahaha if You call avoiding relegation twice a good job your not an Airdrie fan

You're a fucking diddy

Fixed that for you, look forward to your next witty repartee.

Still unsure why there is such a strong dislike for a man who came in and essentially saved us from the 4th tier of Scottish football, I remember the other names being put about at the time and they were truly frightening

Fixed that for you, look forward to your next witty repartee.

Still unsure why there is such a strong dislike for a man who came in and essentially saved us from the 4th tier of Scottish football, I remember the other names being put about at the time and they were truly frightening

Witty repartee? It's the truth no one wants him and that is FACT from PLENTY of SOURCES even the owners don't want him there just giving him a chance I won't be surprised if he doesn't last to Xmas

Witty repartee? It's the truth no one wants him and that is FACT from PLENTY of SOURCES even the owners don't want him there just giving him a chance I won't be surprised if he doesn't last to Xmas

Well that isn't strictly speaking true is it? Not everyone wants rid of him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is away for Christmas, I would be disappointed but I wouldn't be surprised. The idea of Black and King being the replacements though is truly terrifying, and to that end I would far rather the experienced manager who knows what he is doing (for the most part) is kept in place rather than the new owners mates being given a shot at real life football manager.

Well that isn't strictly speaking true is it? Not everyone wants rid of him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is away for Christmas, I would be disappointed but I wouldn't be surprised. The idea of Black and King being the replacements though is truly terrifying, and to that end I would far rather the experienced manager who knows what he is doing (for the most part) is kept in place rather than the new owners mates being given a shot at real life football manager.

Or worse still Tom's bestest bud, wee Baz, being saved from the scrapheap after eventually and deservedly getting his jotters at Clyde. That thought alone is enough to concern me about the motivation of Mr Wotherspoon in owning the club.

Bollan may well not be everyone's cup of tea but overall he's doing a sound job with the resources that he's had at his disposal since coming in. At the very least he should be allowed to continue until the end of the season, unless things go drastically wrong and we end up in a relegation place, to have the chance of doing what he was targeted to do, get us into the play offs.

Archived