The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither do you if you are happy with the potential appointment of Barry Ferguson

Barry Ferguson saved Blackpool from relegation same as Gary bollan saved Airdrie from relegation he has had a bad season so what believe it or not the 3rd division is a hard division to get out of

Barry Ferguson saved Blackpool from relegation same as Gary bollan saved Airdrie from relegation he has had a bad season so what believe it or not the 3rd division is a hard division to get out of

Yes he may have saved Blackpool from relegation but he won a mere 3 games out of the 20 in charge and out of 60 points available in those games he managed a 20 meaning his points haul worked out at 33% for the season which for struggling English championship side isn't to shabby. With Clyde however he has managed to win 41% of the points available to him during his tenure there, in the forth tier of Scottish football it is hardly inspiring. Mr Bollan on the other hand has won 53% of the points on offer during his 3 seasons here in a higher league than the one Ferguson is currently managing in and whilst managing Livingston he secured 64% of the points available to him.

Also if League 2 is hard to get out of how can he not get some slack for not getting out of League 1? Is it an easier league?

At the "meet the chairman night" a joke was made about Barry Ferguson, the new chairman said he was a good friend but there was no way he would ever become Airdrie's manager. So unless something has changed, all these predictions about Ferguson becoming our new manager is nonsense.

Poor Barry. Hounded out of a job he'll never get.

I remember the days when good managers like Jimmy Bone and Alex MacDoddie used to get grief off of our punters. Even their darkest days were brighter than anything in the past decade.

Still waiting on your seismic departure..........

Poor Barry. Hounded out of a job he'll never get.

I remember the days when good managers like Jimmy Bone and Alex MacDoddie used to get grief off of our punters. Even their darkest days were brighter than anything in the past decade.

Think there's a good reason for that.

I guessed it wouldn't be him, still curious though as to who is on the move and to see if it is as you say 'seismic'

Oh missus, read what I wrote without misinterpreting me. I can do that well enough for myself without a female doing it for me. After the goalie coach, Stuart Garden, leaving I said the next one will be a "bit more seismic". That means a bit more newsworthy. It's not Bollan, not sure anything regarding Airdrie could rate "seismic" any more. When it is announced, and after todays revelation of a new board member, I'm thinking it'll be imminent, it may well generate a little bit of coverage.

Give it a few days or so.

Archived