East Fife -vs- Stenhousemuir Play-off Bonanza!

Stenhousemuir the better team tonight and unlucky not to score more than one. After Ross Browns opener we didn't really threaten the rest of the game with the stenhousemuir number 11 giving us nightmares down the left wing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stenhousemuir the better team tonight and unlucky not to score more than one. After Ross Browns opener we didn't really threaten the rest of the game with the stenhousemuir number 11 giving us nightmares down the left wing.

This is true. Number 11 was Josh Watt!!

After a brutal first 10 minutes or so I thought we were the better team. We really dominated the second half and had a few really good chances although failed to test the keeper. After recent weeks I did not expect to be coming away from this game in a positive frame of mind.

Pretty even stuff but would say we looked a lot better than East Fife in the 2nd period which is encouraging since confidence is fragile.

Josh Watt was excellent had the right back on toast not sure where he pulled that performance from but need more of the same on Saturday.

McCormack will have to be out the team on Saturday though or it will cost us dear as poor a player I've ever seen in a Warriors jersey and that's saying something.

Sean hardly kicked the ball for them but they never really used the midfield the full game on that evidence I would be disappointed not to go through but they seem a Jekyll and Hyde team and can't be as poor again surely?

Big Spanish boy strolled it can tell he's a cut above.

We started off very well and first 5-10 minutes it was one way traffic. Unfortunately after that we seemed to get worse and worse as the game went on and chances were few and far between for both sides. Stenny without doubt deserved their equaliser and overall a draw was probably the right result. Big Julen strolled it again. Was really impressed with the Stenhousemuir number 11, gave Ross Brown (who should never be at right back anyway) a horrific time.

All to play for going into Saturday but can't say im too confident.

Guest Alessandro

Looked to me that, true to form, Naysmith decided very early to protect a one goal lead.

Stenny were the better team for the greater part of the game.

Who knows how this will go on Saturday.

At no point today did I fear losing the game, albeit I knew the inevitable late equaliser would come.

East Fife were poor until Dickson came on and gave them a bit of life. We weren't great but done the job.

Despite his goal, McCormack is an abysmal footballer who should be binned. Absolutely no positional sense whatsoever.

Feeling quite confident about facing QP and staying up now.

Didn't really expect us to go up anyway. We finished miles behind Albion Rovers and Queen's Park and didn't deserve to be promoted.

Queen's Park deserve their place in the final, good luck to both sides.

Another rebuilding job for us starts now. We have had a pretty poor season, just scraping 4th place in the end, a huge improvement is needed next season.

At no point today did I fear losing the game, albeit I knew the inevitable late equaliser would come.

East Fife were poor until Dickson came on and gave them a bit of life. We weren't great but done the job.

Despite his goal, McCormack is an abysmal footballer who should be binned. Absolutely no positional sense whatsoever.

Feeling quite confident about facing QP and staying up now.

Was Dickson playing, think Queens will run you close, best footballing side in division.

I thought it was a pretty entertaining game - there were some nice passages of play, some decent efforts and a good atmosphere (mostly from the away support, it must be said). I thought Stenhousemuir, over the piece, were probably the better of the two sides. East Fife saw a bit of the ball but there was never any point when I was really worried. Ross McMillan had two shaky moments on the ball and there was a bit towards the end when we couldn't clear our lines, but that was it.

I was surprised and unsurprised to have lost an equaliser - I thought we'd been reasonably comfortable but this side has an incredible propensity for chucking leads away. That said, Stenny played well in extra time - Jamie McCormack was in the right place at the right time to score and the third goal was just absurd. It was a bizarre period of play before Craig Sutherland actually had his shot.

I thought most of the team played well (McMillan had those two silly moments and McCormack just won't do). Ciaran Summers has hit a good run of form and had a good game at left-back. I've really grown quite fond of Ross Meechan and there's something endearing about his awkwardness - I wouldn't have thought he'd be any decent in the middle of the park but there you go. Kieran Millar was the best player on the park and broke up everything that came his way (his goal was a wee sweetie too) and Bryan Hodge was really good at taking us forward. He'll be a huge loss when he joins Forfar Athletic, he really will.

I didn't think much of East Fife to be honest. Nathan Austin is a really good wee player, really puts himself about. The big Basque guy at the big is pretty decent. But that's it.

If Stenny show the same character they can beat Queen's Park but this side are so flaky, who knows what'll happen.

I thought it was a pretty entertaining game - there were some nice passages of play, some decent efforts and a good atmosphere (mostly from the away support, it must be said). I thought Stenhousemuir, over the piece, were probably the better of the two sides. East Fife saw a bit of the ball but there was never any point when I was really worried. Ross McMillan had two shaky moments on the ball and there was a bit towards the end when we couldn't clear our lines, but that was it.

I was surprised and unsurprised to have lost an equaliser - I thought we'd been reasonably comfortable but this side has an incredible propensity for chucking leads away. That said, Stenny played well in extra time - Jamie McCormack was in the right place at the right time to score and the third goal was just absurd. It was a bizarre period of play before Craig Sutherland actually had his shot.

I thought most of the team played well (McMillan had those two silly moments and McCormack just won't do). Ciaran Summers has hit a good run of form and had a good game at left-back. I've really grown quite fond of Ross Meechan and there's something endearing about his awkwardness - I wouldn't have thought he'd be any decent in the middle of the park but there you go. Kieran Millar was the best player on the park and broke up everything that came his way (his goal was a wee sweetie too) and Bryan Hodge was really good at taking us forward. He'll be a huge loss when he joins Forfar Athletic, he really will.

I didn't think much of East Fife to be honest. Nathan Austin is a really good wee player, really puts himself about. The big Basque guy at the big is pretty decent. But that's it.

If Stenny show the same character they can beat Queen's Park but this side are so flaky, who knows what'll happen.

Were you at the game, if Nathan Austin and other forwards had their shooting boots on East Fife would have won the game easily 29 shots to your 9, as brutal as they were on Wed Fife were the better team today and played most of the game with 10 men, Riordan was anonymous. Julen strolled it ! Paul McMillan was very good and Stenny no 8, your left winger never showed up for this one after being one of the best in the first leg. Good luck v queens I think you'll need it.

Archived