Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

Coupla nice bits of Radiohead (Fake Plastic Trees and Motion Picture Soundtrack) in this week's episode. Plus, Thandie Newton is awesome. On the downside, Annoying English p***k is back.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

What the f**k is going on??? :lol:

Ed Harris cut the boys throat & strung him up from a tree only for him to re-appear later as the leader of some cartel??

See how they have a whole department of engineers taking hosts in for repair?  Thandie Newton's character has been in for repair about 3 times already, and then back running her brothel, in case you haven't noticed.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Aye I get that but she returns to playing the same person each time. It just seemed odd putting that wee guy back in but as somebody completely different.

Aye, I suppose.  The only way I'm coping with this is going with the multiple timeline theory.  If that's ever blown out of the water, my brain will probably melt.

Maybe the wee dude was given a different storyline/loop at some point?

I'm on episode 5 and I suspect this is one of those programmes where I'll see the season out and then leave it. It's too oblique and the non-robot characters don't really seem engaging or interesting enough to carry it until you get some sort of explanation. Hopefully I'm proven wrong though. 

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Think its one of them just accept that you are being mindfucked and hope the writers do a good enough job of tying it all up at the end type series

I'm loving the show. The atmosphere is incredible and it seems like there's hardly a single line of dialog that doesn't carry real weight. But with only 4 episodes left in the season, it's still more interested in asking questions than answering them, which is a little worrying. I hope it doesn't go the way of Lost (which I also enjoyed despite it being infuriating), where it was perfectly acceptable to spend a season going, what's in the hatch? what's in the hatch? what's in the hatch only for it turn out to be a Scottish bloke and then spend the next season going, well, how did he get there? and why is he punching in those numbers? Answering one question with two new questions gets a little boring after a while.

2 minutes ago, happysouth said:

I couldn't wait so watched episode 6 last night. Won't give anything away but it moved the story along a fair bit.

I also watched it last night . Was that angry bloke in the house Scottish?

16 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What do you watch this on if you're watching it prior to it being shown on Sky?

Buy yourself a dodgy Kodi box. costs about 40 quid and is a good investment - movies, tv series , sport etc . I think Westworld is shown in America on a Sunday? and it appears on Kodi the following night. 

19 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Nicely done with the Yul Brynner host on floor B82.

ETA : & "is the glass half full or half empty?"  "We're engineers, the glass wasn't manufactured to the correct specifications" 

:lol:

Yep -- loved that line too. Didn't spot Yul, but I noticed that the two techies are called Felix and Sylvester, ie cartoon cats, and one was obsessed with a bird.

Edited by MSU

17 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

He was indeed, thought I knew the guys face but had to Google it, it's one time Taggart side kick Neil Duncan.

1fbcf0dbf3dcf31ec1b466b86af7418d.jpg

I recognised him right away but I prefer to remember him for this rather than Taggart.

Image result for split second rutger hauer neil duncan

Still really enjoying Westworld at the moment, it's stretching my belief a little with the Maeve storyline but as it's in a show with a massive cowboy theme park populated by robots I think I'll let it slide for now.