Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

Dolores is trying to find the Maze. William is tagging along because he's gagging for the robotic poon. Logan is still in it, but at the point you're at I think you're supposed to think he's either been killed by the Confederados or is otherwise captured. Episodes 8 and 9 are probably going to answer a lot of your questions.

Thanks, I need to pay a wee bit more attention when watching

That was absolutely fucking ram packed full of SCENES. Tremendous.

Was actually a bit like General Nonsense over the last few days, only with fewer deaths!

Not watched episode 9 yet but, based on the above comment, I'm assuming there is somebody hosing down sheep in this episode?

Think the quality has dropped as the season has went on. I had hoped it would progress and get better but it's went the other direction in my opinion. Will see the season out but I dunno if I'll bother with the next one, in all honesty I would have given up after episode 4 or 5 if I wasn't such an HBO fanboy.

On the contrary I'd say it's gotten better as it's progressed. We're getting more and more information in every episode instead of piling on more questions which was one my biggest fears. The acting is great (I could watch Hopkins and Wright bounce off one another all night) and it's so refreshing to have a cerebrally challenging story in an era of 'dumb TV'.

2 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Wow, thought that was an amazing episode. Some of the puzzle pieces started to fall into place as the episode went on. Great scene between Ford and Bernard at the end there.

Did anyone else notice the Game of Thrones Easter egg?

The pin?

We've rattled through the 9 episodes in just over a week and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a series as much.  Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris are outstanding and the scene they had together was captivating.

I actually think the boy that plays Bernard is the best thing in this.

The english guy is the only thing getting negative points.  An absolutely horrific actor.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

We've rattled through the 9 episodes in just over a week and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a series as much.  Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris are outstanding and the scene they had together was captivating.

I actually think the boy that plays Bernard is the best thing in this.

The english guy is the only thing getting negative points.  An absolutely horrific actor.

Is that not part of the point though - he's one of these 'creative' types who is both high maintenance and generally a pain in the arse to everyone who has to suffer him at work on a daily basis?  And the park needs creative people to keep the narratives evolving.

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Is that not part of the point though - he's one of these 'creative' types who is both high maintenance and generally a pain in the arse to everyone who has to suffer him at work on a daily basis?  And the park needs creative people to keep the narratives evolving.

It's not the character.  It's the actor.

I genuinely think he's an appalling actor, but in a series with such great writing he's been given some dogs of lines to read out. He effed and jeffed his way through his first few scenes and it just sounded so false, I don't think Harris or Hopkins could've made it sound convincing, although they probably would've realized that and said something to the director and got the lines rewritten. So there's blame to share on this, I think.

Simon Quarterman is his name. You may remember him from The Scorpion King 2, Midsomer Murders, Holby City and EastEnders. <according to wikipedia>Apparently, he's got such a ribbing from folk complaining about his (over)acting in Westworld that he's taken down his Twitter account.</according to wikipedia> 

With the first season blowing its load a bit in the last episode, the finale's trajectory was maybe a bit obvious, but it was an awful lot of fun getting there. No idea where this is going to go for season two, but if there's even the slightest chance there's going to be ninjas, I'm going to be keeping my fingers crossed for that. Is it 2018 yet?

ETA Also ...

Spoiler

If you hadn't already figured out that William was the Man in Black, that reveal must've blown your mind.

Edited by MSU

That last episode was absolutely fucking sublime. One of my favourite ever pieces of television.

ETA: Bryan Cranston's portrayal of Walter White is the best acting I've ever seen in a television series. Anthony Hopkins in that first season ran it very close. Mesmerising every time he was on the screen.