Westworld

AsimButtHitsASix

17 minutes ago, BradHorse said:

The acting in the series was superb, with Newton being the stand out amongst stand outs. The writing and dialogue is a bit cringey and cheesy at times though, naw? Rolled my eyes several times during the finale.

I thought the writing was mostly great. But yeah, there were a few "oh, please" moments in the finale. Particularly the lengthy Ford exposition bits.

18 minutes ago, MSU said:

I thought the writing was mostly great. But yeah, there were a few "oh, please" moments in the finale. Particularly the lengthy Ford exposition bits.

Definitely, aye. It was overall pretty good and stuff, and I imagine in the end I probably will watch season 2 but I do think the quality waned a little. 

Thought that was a surprising ending considering it has been renewed for a second season. Be interesting to see where they go from here with obvious hints that it might focus on another park. Surely they place would be closed down after the hosts go on their killing spree?

The acting was super throughout the entire season. I thought it was well planned out in terms of revealing the plot.

Thought that was a surprising ending considering it has been renewed for a second season. Be interesting to see where they go from here with obvious hints that it might focus on another park. Surely they place would be closed down after the hosts go on their killing spree?

The acting was super throughout the entire season. I thought it was well planned out in terms of revealing the plot.

I have nothing to base this on but I wonder if they will do 3 seasons, almost like a movie triology.

The only thing that bothers me about the season is that if the maze is an abstract path that the Hosts follow to achieve consciousness, the fact that its symbol is imprinted on the inside of Kissy's scalp in the pilot episode makes NO sense.

The only thing that bothers me about the season is that if the maze is an abstract path that the Hosts follow to achieve consciousness, the fact that its symbol is imprinted on the inside of Kissy's scalp in the pilot episode makes NO sense.

My take on it is it was put there for the man in blacks benefit. It's just another story prompt, like the milk can or the sheriff recruiting a posse.

Seen some theories suggesting that it was a host version of Ford that was killed. Alternatively that he will return as host which is hinted in his speech about Mozart living on in his music.

I was thinking the body that was being built when Teresa was killed might be a new Ford.

Hope so, Hopkins was the best thing about this series (although to be fair Newton and Wright were excellent too). I wasn't that enamoured with the ending - it seemed a bit of a cheat with the big  reveal (that many had guessed previously but which I didn't want to be right - it's some amount of time to have passed and leaves a lot of questions about the brother) and the park security guards were so inept that the big fight sequence was just a bit silly. Hopefully we see more of Maeve, Clementine, Bernard and Ford in series 2 although the wee bit after the credits suggest the tattooed lady is going to be a major character next time out. An excellent series overall though, one of the best things on the box since The Wire ended.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...