Mhairi Black appreciation thread

Mr Bairn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrew Neil on twitter slagging off her 'working class' credentials based on where she grew up. I've seen him saying this a few times before. I know nothing about where she grew up or her family background. Not that it's really important but is he right, did she grow up in a 'posh' area?

Andrew Neil on twitter slagging off her 'working class' credentials based on where she grew up. I've seen him saying this a few times before. I know nothing about where she grew up or her family background. Not that it's really important but is he right, did she grow up in a 'posh' area?

I believe she grew up in what may be described as a middle class housing estate.  I could be wrong.  But the "working class" thing is a newspaper fabrication based, I'd guess, on the way she talks.  She's certainly never portrayed herself as working class, to the best of my knowledge.

Andrew Neil is the very worst of the Scottish cringe Britnat.

Perhaps Andrew should be reminded of his membership of the Conservative Club and tireless work for the party when he's pretending to be an impartial political interviewer. Those credentials must surely have some relevance ...?

Perhaps Andrew should be reminded of his membership of the Conservative Club and tireless work for the party when he's pretending to be an impartial political interviewer. Those credentials must surely have some relevance ...?

Actually whenever it's mentioned he goes on about the fact he is from a 'real' working class area of Paisley.

Some people may judge mp's on what their background/class is but as long as they do they job they got elected to do then it should be that they get judged on.

Hacked account?

Actually whenever it's mentioned he goes on about the fact he is from a 'real' working class area of Paisley.

Hacked account?

So he thinks accident of birth and upbringing is more of a "credential" than the political beliefs you've espoused, parties you've worked for, and conscious political choices you've made?

Strange argument, Andy. Married life must be screwing up your thinking.

So he thinks accident of birth and upbringing is more of a "credential" than the political beliefs you've espoused, parties you've worked for, and conscious political choices you've made?

Strange argument, Andy. Married life must be screwing up your thinking.

Example from this morning

Dunno but working class don't come from Ralston (they do from Glenburn, where I was brought up). https://t.co/S8jSvHiopP

Some people may judge mp's on what their background/class is but as long as they do they job they got elected to do then it should be that they get judged on.

Except when they're SNP MPs and they should be judged on SNPbad, eh Kev?

• 1 year later...
45 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I don't think she is.  Anything I've seen of her has only been to her credit.  I don't share her politics but she comes across as thoroughly creditable.

What has she done here in the local area? 

30 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Been elected twice

That's about it aye.  Voted for he first time but did not the second (nor any of the othrrs tbf).  

Archived