Scottish Labour- seethe, backstabbing and blame

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....Which I think is good, we need as many as possible (I know some, hey Fuzz, would hate this) however this is exactly how we win independence, as we all say Its a broad church (temple for me) we need all like to believe, then when it happens, we start again with the parties.

My thoughts exactly.

Many decades ago, since I first voted SNP I have had only one political desire.

That was to see an independent Scotland.

I didnae need tae read any party leaflets as it was simply a case of show me where to place my X.

MY thoughts are that once we have independence then at the first election post indy we can then choose whichever party we want.

I am a left-wing auld fogie and I wid probably support a party that wid take in a left-wing auld fogie.

But then again mibbe no. :thumsup2

I see Alex Salmond is the new foreign affairs spokesperson promoting a pro-EU stance. I wonder if the anti-SNP seethe will have a similar effect on the EU referendum.

Salmond vs Coburn in a Scottish EU referendum debate would be something else.

I see Alex Salmond is the new foreign affairs spokesperson promoting a pro-EU stance. I wonder if the anti-SNP seethe will have a similar effect on the EU referendum.

That was my take on it

Just found it a bit strange when I heard

Does anyone have the percentages for the English local council elections? With SNP not being a "threat" there surely that will give an indication of what it meant to Labour.

Does anyone have the percentages for the English local council elections? With SNP not being a "threat" there surely that will give an indication of what it meant to Labour.

Tories gubbed them there again.

"The SNP dunnit" is nothing but a stab-in-the-back theory designed to apportion all blame on someone else. Unfortunately for Labour they're in absolutely no position to make any sort of aggressive response to this.

Duncan Hothersall taking no shit. In the weakest way possible

1. Ian Smart@ianssmartMay 11
  2. @iainmacwhirter some good people, some numpties, some trots, some fascist scum. The SNP never changes.

@ianssmart I think probably it's time to stop the intemperate stuff Ian. I say this as a friend. Enough. You are a better man than this.

Meanwhile, Smart sarcastically retweeting calls to Kezia for him to stop calling people fascists. And it looks like Jim's trying to take her down with him.

Here is Jim's plan. He stays leader and oversees a disaster of an election. He gets in on the list. He then resigns as leader and sticks it out on the back benches picking up his MSP salary. Then he runs for westminster in 2020 hoping the Nationalist support will have subsided and he is back on the gravy train as a Big Beast.

In reality Jim is a busted flush.

btw does anyone know when the Scottish election after this one is planned. Has the five year fixed term parliament act been forced on Scotland by the back door?

btw does anyone know when the Scottish election after this one is planned.

5 May. The Scotland Act 1998 sets fixed terms, including the expected dates for elections (the first Thursday in May every four years).

5 May. The Scotland Act 1998 sets fixed terms, including the expected dates for elections (the first Thursday in May every four years).

Aye but then they had to postpone this election a year because of Westminster and the first Thursday in May four years from the next years election is again the UK general election. So unless the two elections are on the same day it looks like one of them is going to have to be moved.

It looks like the good folk at SLab think that Keiza the Dug is capable. That's good news for the SNP.

I dare say that she's at least got the best intentions at heart, but due to the horrors of 2011 ended up getting rather rapidly drawn into a charade that she had to play along with. At least that's the hope.

(Also, this "Kez the dug" stuff is tediously sexist. There's no need.)

I dare say that she's at least got the best intentions at heart, but due to the horrors of 2011 ended up getting rather rapidly drawn into a charade that she had to play along with. At least that's the hope.

(Also, this "Kez the dug" stuff is tediously sexist. There's no need.)

Nothing sexist from my pov. If it was a guy called Arthur Dugdale I'd refer to him as Arthur the Dug.

I find it ironic on a forum filled with 'wid' pish that I don't take part in you choose to call my post sexist.

Nothing sexist from my pov. If it was a guy called Arthur Dugdale I'd refer to him as Arthur the Dug. I find it ironic on a forum filled with 'wid' pish that I don't take part in you choose to call my post sexist.

Calling a woman a dog is a frequent sexist trope. Whether it would be less offensive in a different context is not really relevant.

(And I'm guilty of stuff as well, but not all things are equal. Ladies with football strips painted onto them could certainly be construed as sexist, for instance, but it's defensible on different grounds than commonly-gendered slurs.)

Calling a woman a dog is a frequent sexist trope. Whether it would be less offensive in a different context is not really relevant.

(And I'm guilty of stuff as well, but not all things are equal. Ladies with football strips painted onto them could certainly be construed as sexist, for instance, but it's defensible on different grounds than commonly-gendered slurs.)

You could have just apologised by recognising that there is no sexist intent in my use of the term. I must be one of the least sexist posters on here, but look forward to you berating all the 'wid' comments that you conveniently choose to ignore in my last post.

You could have just apologised by recognising that there is no sexist intent in my use of the term. I must be one of the least sexist posters on here, but look forward to you berating all the 'wid' comments that you conveniently choose to ignore in my last post.

Whether or not it was meant as sexist, it's one of those things that irks me upon glancing at it. "Wid" is not quite in the same category (though the Sturgeon thread was cringeworthy). I don't see what's wrong with expressing that opinion.

Whether or not it was meant as sexist, it's one of those things that irks me upon glancing at it. "Wid" is not quite in the same category (though the Sturgeon thread was cringeworthy). I don't see what's wrong with expressing that opinion.

It's a play on deputy dog, nothing sexist whatsoever

Archived