Dundee fC v Aberdeen fC

Just thought I would start a topic as one has not been made yet. Seems like interest has been lost ATM and both teams are just looking forward to next season after fairly successful seasons this year for both teams.

Going by the games between us this year this has every chance of being another cracker.

Going for 2-2

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-0 Dundee

Shankland own goal :P

Strange, I thought Shankland was one of the few members of our squad that you lot don't have a complete hatred for!

Think we'll make a few changes for this one, its been a long season and our first friendly is 24th June so it might be worth telling a couple of the guys who have featured a lot just to call it a day for the season. Could possibly have McGinn, Rooney and Reynolds involved in internationals in between then so they in particular could use a rest.

Would be good to see Smith and Shankland get starts, Driver as well if he hasn't disappeared off the face of the earth and maybe even Low to give the Dundee fans a look at their new signing. May see a couple of the league winning Development team feature but I'm not sure which of them would be ready for first team football.

2-0 Aberdeen, Shankland double.

Strange, I thought Shankland was one of the few members of our squad that you lot don't have a complete hatred for!

Tip of the cap to another thread m9

I was told not to disrespect "shanks" so thought I'd indulge in a bit of #bantz

I have no opinion on him and haven't seen enough of him but the hype seems rather large with little to show so far. Even oor Craig Wighton has had first team impact at championship and premiership level and I believe he is younger by about 2 years.

Tip of the cap to another thread m9

I was told not to disrespect "shanks" so thought I'd indulge in a bit of #bantz

I have no opinion on him and haven't seen enough of him but the hype seems rather large with little to show so far. Even oor Craig Wighton has had first team impact at championship and premiership level and I believe he is younger by about 2 years.

Must have missed that. He has scored a barrel load of goals in the Development League and he probably would have been given a lot more starts if we didn't have Rooney. His record in the bottom two leagues when he was 17/18 is very good and he's got a couple for Scotland under 21s but he still has to prove himself at Premiership level.

Because it doesn't really matter, I can see Derek making a few changes to get a look at some of the "fringe" players.

Again because it doesn't really matter, 6 - 0 to AFC

Must have missed that. He has scored a barrel load of goals in the Development League and he probably would have been given a lot more starts if we didn't have Rooney. His record in the bottom two leagues when he was 17/18 is very good and he's got a couple for Scotland under 21s but he still has to prove himself at Premiership level.

Tbh I was more looking at his record in comparison to McManus, who first team games and goals looks streets ahead but your fellow fans all seem to rate shankland higher. I'm aware stats don't tell the whole story so was just wondering if the hype was deserved. Aberdeen fans seem to think so.

Even if he gets a game I won't see it :(

Had to give up hospo which (I have paid for) to my degenerate wee brother because my wife is a fucking harpy and I'm not even gonna make it for 3pm due to her ridiculous prioritisation of events.

^^^Seething

Mcinnes said after Sundays match on Red Tv that a few players summer holidays started this week.

Seen a picture of Pawlett playing golf at Aboyne so he may be one of them although I think he needs some game time after his poor second half of the season!

Section Y Reds

As bad as we've been recently albeit a slightly better performance last week, I could probably see us getting something from this game due to us being Aberdeen's bogey team this season.

Hopefully McInnes plays Low so we can get a look at him.

Why would Dundee fans have a 'complete hatred' for any Aberdeen player, bar the old Arabs? :blink:

What a strange, strange comment.

There still appears to be high levels of seethe from you guys directed towards Pawlett and McGinn, as well as our many ex-DABs.

I will be in the main stand for this. Haven't sat in there for a game in about 15 years. Is it as shite as I recall?

Even in hospitality I had fuckall leg room.

Archived