Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quite funny how Pie and Bovril can't seem to grasp that people exist in the vast gap between Corbyn style left wing politics and Tories.

It's quite funny that the people like you can't see that people like us are fully aware that it as follows:

Political Spectrum

The hard left Corbyn "Labour Progressives" Tories

Nonsense. You're basically saying that anything not as far left as Corbyn is Conservative.

The only way to get significant social progress in the UK is to challenge and change the power structures. Anyone who doesn't want to do that is a conservative IMO. That includes the vast majority of the PLP.

That's it basically and the recent months have shown there is absolutely zero demand for significant reform within the UK. That's my basis for supporting independence. I don't think the SNP are anything close to a truly left wing party atm but I think an independent Scotland can be pushed to the left a lot easier than the UK can.

Nonsense. You're basically saying that anything not as far left as Corbyn is Conservative.

No, we're saying that progressives, or moderates, or neoliberals, whatever you want to call them are bascially a ball hair off Conservatism.

Well I disagree and it looks more of an attempt to put Labour politics in the narrowest box possible. Convenient for their rivals.

Do you know what's even more convenient for their rivals? Neoliberal MPs taking every possible public opportunity to complain about how awful the current Labour leadership is.

I'm not defending those MPs or the state of the Labour Party currently. Political beliefs aren't defined by the MPs or even parties. You look for a party to best suit your political belief.

Irrelevant to Scotland but good news for rUK. Mandleson still a fucking liar, who'd have thunk it?

The one thing the right wing media fear about Corbyn is that he can start a fire among previously non voters much as the SNP acheived.He is not taking all the flak because he is hopeless but because vested interests harbour thoughts he might not be.

The one thing the right wing media fear about Corbyn is that he can start a fire among previously non voters much as the SNP acheived.He is not taking all the flak because he is hopeless but because vested interests harbour thoughts he might not be.

Really? My experience of non-voters is that they were just as apathetic as before Corbyn became leader.

Archived