Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

I don't get Dugdale's tactics at all. 

1. Since indyref1 their party has been severely damaged by their association with the Tories.
  2. There is a possibility that the Tories could beat them into 2nd place which would be utter humiliation for Labour.
  3. They have no chance of forming the next government in Scotland.

Now, they may hate the SNP with a passion, but it's glaringly obvious that the party they should be attacking is the Tories. Firstly to disassociate themselves with them as much as possible, and secondly, to make sure they don't humiliate them in the election.

Instead they solely concentrate their attacks on the SNP - bizarre.  

Is it arrogance in thinking they can somehow form the next government?  Is it hatred for the SNP in that they cannot attack anyone but them? Are they just plain stupid run by a bunch of rank amateurs? Maybe a combination of all 3?  

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get Dugdale's tactics at all. 

• Since indyref1 their party has been severely damaged by their association with the Tories.
  • There is a possibility that the Tories could beat them into 2nd place which would be utter humiliation for Labour.
  • They have no chance of forming the next government in Scotland.
Now, they may hate the SNP with a passion, but it's glaringly obvious that the party they should be attacking is the Tories. Firstly to disassociate themselves with them as much as possible, and secondly, to make sure they don't humiliate them in the election.

Instead they solely concentrate their attacks on the SNP - bizarre.  

Is it arrogance in thinking they can somehow form the next government?  Is it hatred for the SNP in that they cannot attack anyone but them? Are they just plain stupid run by a bunch of rank amateurs? Maybe a combination of all 3?

I doubt it's Dugdale in charge of the strategy. Somehow it makes it worse (or better) that it's paid 'professional' strategists that are getting this all wrong.

I doubt it's Dugdale in charge of the strategy. Somehow it makes it worse (or better) that it's paid 'professional' strategists that are getting this all wrong.

Trying to win back some of the yoon vote by the sounds of it

"Look what we can do when we work together: we can prevent Scotland's statehood. Vote Labour."

(Read in the whiny, simpering voice of La Dugdale for full effect)

If that's an accurate assessment then surely it's a no gain strategy.

Right of centre supporters may go back to Labour but their could be a further haemorrhaging of traditional Labour voters to the SNP.

If that's an accurate assessment then surely it's a no gain strategy.

Right of centre supporters may go back to Labour but their could be a further haemorrhaging of traditional Labour voters to the SNP.

But why would right of centre voters want to support a party pledging to put up everyone's taxes?

Slab seem to be trying to do one thing with their fantasy policies and another with their campaigning. On the one hand they now appear to be trying to market themselves as the party against Scottish statehood (to compete with the Tories), but on the other hand they're claiming they're the party of left wing progressives. The problem is that that very much sounds like "we're a deeply pro-UK party but we hate what the UK does and how it does it so we want to do things differently". And that's pretty damn garbled. They really don't know who they're actually trying to appeal to or what they stand for. Their constitutional ideology is at odds with their alleged economic policies, and will be as long as they want Scotland to be left wing but in a right wing country.

Slab seem to be trying to do one thing with their fantasy policies and another with their campaigning. On the one hand they now appear to be trying to market themselves as the party against Scottish statehood (to compete with the Tories), but on the other hand they're claiming they're the party of left wing progressives. The problem is that that very much sounds like "we're a deeply pro-UK party but we hate what the UK does and how it does it so we want to do things differently". And that's pretty damn garbled. They really don't know who they're actually trying to appeal to or what they stand for. Their constitutional ideology is at odds with their alleged economic policies, and will be as long as they want Scotland to be left wing but in a right wing country.

You can be pro-Union and left wing. I don't see that as conflicting. You don't need to break things down to be seen as more left wing.

The Labour Party say "by the strength of our common endeavour we achieve more than we achieve alone." It's easy to argue a case for the union looking at that.

The SNP try to position themselves on the left to further their case for independence as that's what they believe will appeal to most Scots, but I wouldn't exactly say that nationalism is a left wing idea.

You can be pro-Union and left wing. I don't see that as conflicting. You don't need to break things down to be seen as more left wing.

The Labour Party say "by the strength of our common endeavour we achieve more than we achieve alone." It's easy to argue a case for the union looking at that.

The SNP try to position themselves on the left to further their case for independence as that's what they believe will appeal to most Scots, but I wouldn't exactly say that nationalism is a left wing idea.

That sounds like an argument for one world government to me - not particularly for remaining as a northern minority of a state which has returned right-wing governments far, far more often than otherwise.

The bizarreness is in their attacks on the UK government and virtually everything it does coming at the same time as their support for continued UK governance. It's rhubarb. A party can't present itself as pro-UK but keep flapping its gums about how evil the policies coming out of the UK are without looking a bit shaky. I know thhe argument is "we love the UK but only if we're running it", but that doesn't really work when you're an accounting unit.

They seriously put two clips of them celebrating the no vote, with tories, in the pre election Video? Having spent the last 18, months talking about winning back yes voter.

Wow, I'm more convinced either day it'ssnp plats running sScottish labour. Nobody could be that stupid.

and the James Kelly thing? Holy f**k

I might have been annoyed at their lies clever editing to suggest equal marriage was their doing if they hadnt made such a rip roaring c**t of it

Tbh that is absolutely what I took from it, I Assumed it was their bill and the snnp supported it from watching that. I assume that's not true now and am not in the slightest bit surprised to see labour lying.

Tbh that is absolutely what I took from it, I Assumed it was their bill and the snnp supported it from watching that. I assume that's not true now and am not in the slightest bit surprised to see labour lying.

The trafficking bill mentioned in the clip was from Jenny Marra. Fair fucks, a good iece of work.

The Marriage and Civil Partnership Bill was introduced by the Scottish Govt in 2013

The trafficking bill mentioned in the clip was from Jenny Marra. Fair fucks, a good iece of work. The Marriage and Civil Partnership Bill was introduced by the Scottish Govt in 2013
The trafficking bill mentioned in the clip was from Jenny Marra. Fair fucks, a good iece of work. The Marriage and Civil Partnership Bill was introduced by the Scottish Govt in 2013
Well that's not the way it'sppresented and they're obviously hoping many people make the same mistake I did. Labour are never done lying.

:blink: please dont watch this if you have a low minter tolerance. 

So Kez , what were the highlights we want to show the scottish people?

The James Kelly thing was good and dancing with Tories to deny Scotland sovereignty please.

The sound quality of the Kezia bits must be up there with Tavish Scott's 2011 "wind tunnel" PPB. What a bunch of amateurs.

Archived