Talbot v Hurlford.

Larky55

Maybe so but the point of the debate is winning the junior cup doesn't make you the best team in the country as stated by SB.

No, it doesn't but neither does winning the West of Scotland League.

Going back to the original question, I think by saying you'd rather win the league you're in the minority.

Straw poll of all junior fans would bring the Scottish on top by a mile. Maybe Talbot fans are just spoilt!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to the original question, I think by saying you'd rather win the league you're in the minority.

Straw poll of all junior fans would bring the Scottish on top by a mile. Maybe Talbot fans are just spoilt!

When was the last Talbot match you watched?

And does anyone know the last time Hurlford beat Talbot?

Nothing sinister, just you said on another thread that it had been ages since you'd seen them due to where you now live.

Two seasons ago was the last time I took in a match personally. I've also mentioned that my comments are only based on seeing how results go.

Two seasons ago was the last time I took in a match personally. I've also mentioned that my comments are only based on seeing how results go.

At the end of last season at Blair Park , think it finished 5-3 .

Yep if memory serves me correct talbot were up 2 or 3 nil and hurlford turned it around in the second half.

I did say in an earlier post that junior football being what it is most junior fans see the cup as the be all and end all of the junior game so aye most would prefer the cup over the league, but EZ asked if given the choice which would I prefer and personally I'd take the league, its all hypothetical anyway as Talbot will win both this year AGAIN.

Been putting a lot of thought into the outcome of this game.

Auchinleck Talbot, firm favourites,proven class, nothing to prove. Watched most of their big games in the last 8 years, very seldom do the dissapoint me.

Hurlford United, lots of new lads at the club in recent times, management team, & players have done a great job in such a short time. Always provide entertainment, will be feeling sore at failing to retain the Scottish Cup, but winning the league is not bad consolation.

Who will win????

I will inform you at 1545 hrs on Saturday.

Auchinleck Talbot, firm favourites,proven class, nothing to prove. Watched most of their big games in the last 8 years, very seldom do the dissapoint me.

Hurlford United, lots of new lads at the club in recent times, management team, & players have done a great job in such a short time. Always provide entertainment, will be feeling sore at failing to retain the Scottish Cup, but winning the league is not bad consolation.

Who will win????

Who ever wins on sat deserves the league both teams have done well this season. If they had not met in the semis of the cup. I think both would have made the final. Hope ford win on sat but if they dont 2nd is no embarsment. Still buildin in evryway at the club for the future

Talbots last game, R. If they don't lose they will be worthy champions.

If Hurlford win they still have a bit to do.

But whoever wins the league,are worthy champions, no question of that.

Good luck on Saturday, enjoy the game.

Who will win????

Auld scunner has got 50p on a 2..2 draw????

Talbots last game, R. If they don't lose they will be worthy champions.

If Hurlford win they still have a bit to do.

But whoever wins the league,are worthy champions, no question of that.

Good luck on Saturday, enjoy the game.

Yeah all the best

Gormley scores goal of the season to set us on our way to the championship.thanks Talbot.

hey!

clap a long if you feel........HAPPY....HAPPY....HAPPY....HAPPY..... :)

Another record breaking 3 in a row.

Archived