Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

1 hour ago, Vimto90 said:

Tam Muir released.

Hopefully a full announcement soon.

That's disappointing, I thought he might have had something to offer next year but I don't think he played all that well in front of Stephen Swift in the season's final stages.

A nice guy and I wish him well with his next move. I imagine Annan Athletic will pick him up again.

McGuigan away. That one gets me in the gut more than any other. A great player and ambassador for our club over the years. He won't be short of offers and I sincerely wish him all the best.

I am a little surprised both Muir and McGuigan are away but Swift is clearly starting from scratch and will have his own players lined up.

Desperately sorry to see him move on. He'll go down as one of my all-time favourite Warriors, a brilliant player and a great guy and someone who made an enormous contribution to our success in recent years.

Judging by his tweet, it was his decision to move on. Four years is a long time and a fresh start might do him a lot of good.

58 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Desperately sorry to see him move on. He'll go down as one of my all-time favourite Warriors, a brilliant player and a great guy and someone who made an enormous contribution to our success in recent years.

Judging by his tweet, it was his decision to move on. Four years is a long time and a fresh start might do him a lot of good.

Kelty ?

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

Kelty ?

It's certainly not outwith the realms of possibility. I reckon most League 2 clubs and the top-end Lowland League sides would fancy him. East Kilbride sticks out a bit, given that's where he's from.

4 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Interesting to see who swift brings in to replace him will it be someone from the lowland league ? 

7 hours ago, Life on Mars said:

My good you talk one pile of rubbish 

Don't react. Obvious troll is obvious.

A real shame as these forums are a place for serious chat and I am absolutely disgusted it is being treated like a school playground by "beano".

8 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Have a feeling McGuigan may end up at us

I'd be very surprised if he went to a club outwith the Glasgow/central area at this stage of his career. More just a gut feeling than anything though but obviously DC is a big fan.

I'd be very surprised if he went to a club outwith the Glasgow/central area at this stage of his career. More just a gut feeling than anything though but obviously DC is a big fan.

Just a hunch, Dick has a tendency to go back in for players he’s previously missed out on. He’d be replacing Kris Doolan so we could do worse I think

Thomas Halleran has left the club.

Halleran is a player I like a lot but I think it would be better for his career if he moved on. Davie Irons didn't seem to fancy him and he was out of the team for long spells at the expense of others who weren't pulling their weight. As I said earlier in the thread, I can see him joining Stirling Albion or someone and going onto do well.

It would be good if the club were to give us a full list instead of the players announcing their departures one by one on social media.

Seems a good move for Halleran to get out of here and start fresh and play every week. He can't have another season of lack of opportunities at this level. Only the management over the last few years can answer why he was never given a run but certainly for the supporters it was a strange one when the people who had the starting jerseys were nothing special. I wish him all the best.

Is there a reason the club have tweeted him twice in a matter of hours wishing him well? Does the right hand know what the left is doing? It just comes across incredibly tinpot.

Hopefully we get a list of names soon of the retained list as this constant replying to individuals just looks a bit stupid.

Stenhousemuir FC has agreed a strategic partnership with Syngenta FC - CLICK

The article is quite light on detail, with all of the information buried within the quotes, and even then it doesn't really state what the partnership will involve beyond Syngenta using Ochilview to play their home matches.

It's been a common complaint recently but the communication from the club has been poor over the last few days. Three players have announced they've left the club via social media, including one of the most popular from the last 20 years, and there has been no update on the website; the Jonathan Tiffoney/David Cox incident happened almost two weeks ago and we haven't heard if there's been an outcome or if the investigation is still ongoing; and now we have agreed a partnership with a new East of Scotland team and we don't really know what it means.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

42 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Stenhousemuir FC has agreed a strategic partnership with Syngenta FC - CLICK

The article is quite light on detail, with all of the information buried within the quotes, and even then it doesn't really state what the partnership will involve beyond Syngenta using Ochilview to play their home matches.

It's been a common complaint recently but the communication from the club has been poor over the last few days. Three players have announced they've left the club via social media, including one of the most popular from the last 20 years, and there has been no update on the website; the Jonathan Tiffoney/David Cox incident happened almost two weeks ago and we haven't heard if there's been an outcome or if the investigation is still ongoing; and now we have agreed a partnership with a new East of Scotland team and we don't really know what it means.

I suspect Syngenta are just replacing Shire as tenants of Ochilview- there was talk of it in the "New clubs" thread on the East of Scotland section. Reading between the lines it looks like they might take young Stenny players on in the same way as Stenny are taking young Hibs players on.