Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

The 5 on the bench should come in tomorrow I would think and rest a few of our big hitters. We can't afford to lose an Aitken, Anderson or O'Reilly on top of what we already have missing.

Defence will probably stay the same as there are no other alternatives back fit.

Lyle

Meechs Bucky Bilham Ewen

Tomlinson Berry Nat  Alston Graham

O'Donnell

Something along those lines. We should still put on a competitive display whoever is out there.

Absolutely. His generic second name got lost in my mind with another generic second name.

Although if Tam Graham was to come out of retirement to play on the left wing and show these kiddies how a real man plays football I wouldn't be against it.

4 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

After a bright start where Stenny should have gone ahead, it became a struggle v a fairly strong Gers side - sitting too far off especially in 2nd half.Once the injuries clear up, a full side would hopefully be more competitive.

The team Rangers put out was pretty embarrassing and makes a mockery of the competition - not that this is a club with any morals of course. Having said that a good full time side will put them out even with their luxury front line you could see the defence was poor and there to be got at.

Remember these B teams were to go into the Lowland League to develop our own players for the benefit of the national team? What a load of utter nonsense.

Only 5 players in the starting line up were Scottish last night and most likely none will go on to have a career at Rangers as they plod about playing bounce games and the odd cup game against part time opposition.

Also noticed that the first two subs they brought on were English and Welsh! Young guys right enough.

I thought that the no 11 (who was Scottish thankfully) looked good. His 2nd goal was really smart. Anyway, expect him to pop up at York City or Dunfermline the next time you hear of him.  

It pains me the way they treat their young Scottish talent. And they get such an easy ride of things from the media in this country. When did they last produce through their first team a regular starter for the National team? Even the two Scottish guys who play in their first team, Souttar and Barron, didn't come through their Academy. Their B team last night didn't even have a majority of Scots in it. It's embarrassing.

The embarrassment is all on the SPFL who have systematically spoiled a decent lower league tournament. Of course "Rangers" will do what they think is best for them to win a competition, and I think it's common for them to call off scheduled cup ties claiming they can't field a side, hence the part time Warriors sat free on 12th October while having to play their tie midweek between two league games.

The point of B sides isn't to produce Scottish International standard players, it's a Trojan Horse to argue access to the league system for second string sides.

On 27/07/2024 at 19:33, Neilly said:

Let's call it 50 for Strathcarron.

This is a better conclusion than going back and forth with "aye ye will" and "naw wi wulny" for another few posts when we have contrasting views.

Hmmmm.  ICT not doing much for my bank account.  Can I put a claim into the administrators?

10 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Hmmmm.  ICT not doing much for my bank account.  Can I put a claim into the administrators?

There was always a strong chance that this was going to happen - something you should have considered my friend. 

Regardless of that there is no chance we were finishing anywhere near 10th. 

Get the hospice squared up before Christmas and restore what dignity you have left. 

Thanks in advance.

55 minutes ago, Neilly said:

There was always a strong chance that this was going to happen - something you should have considered my friend. 

Regardless of that there is no chance we were finishing anywhere near 10th. 

Get the hospice squared up before Christmas and restore what dignity you have left. 

Thanks in advance.

😆