Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The club have announced that Bradley Rodden has left the club to join Bonnyrigg Rose:

https://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/2024/06/02/bradley-rodden-departs/

As discussed earlier in the thread, I don't think this is much of a loss for Stenhousemuir, but I am surprised he's joined a club in League 2; I thought he had "Cumbernauld Colts" written all over him. Bonnyrigg might be under new management but they still can't sign decent forwards!

Good luck to Rodden, I do hope he can prove me wrong next season.

Surprised he got another SPFL gig too. Suspect Bonnyrigg, like Stenny in January, looked at his Alloa stats and thought he was worth a shot, but in truth those stats were very misleading. Anyway, he'll run around a lot for Bonnyrigg and maybe some of his efforts will go in. Good luck to him. 

Welcome to Stenny 👏. From the outside looking in the strong defensive base gives you a really good foundation but an awful lot of work to do further up the field. 

24 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

A teaser tweet suggests Matty Yates is re-signing for next season. I assumed he'd be off to one of the full time clubs that were in for him. Fair play to all concerned!

Yes, he has:

Good news, certainly.

On 02/06/2024 at 10:40, Waspie said:

Anyway, he'll run around a lot for Bonnyrigg and maybe some of his efforts will go in. 

As on point as a one sentence summary can possibly be.

Welcome Stenny also, Ive missed Ochilview and the Warriors Club. I know we were there last season but a midweek July league Cup kick about isn't the same as a freezing Christmas holiday league game. No needle between the fans either (although we'll see how the respective young teams "mingle")

Brilliant to have Matty back I thought this year would be inevitable he moved on to full time.

Let's get him back to that form of the first year and get his full time move next season.

Go on the wee man!

A brief update on our squad for the season ahead after this evening's announcement:

GOALKEEPERS

• Darren Jamieson
  • Curtis Lyle

DEFENDERS

• Kyle Banner (signed from Stirling Albion)
  • Kinlay Bilham
  • Gregor Buchanan
  • Kelsey Ewen (signed from Edinburgh City)
  • Nicky Jamieson
  • Ross Meechan

MIDFIELDERS

• Mikey Anderson
  • James Berry
  • Adam Brown
  • Kyle Jacobs
  • Nat Wedderburn

ATTACKERS

• Matty Aitken
  • Euan O'Reilly
  • Ross Taylor
  • Matty Yates

LEFT THE CLUB

• Jordan Kirkpatrick (joined Camelon Juniors)
  • Edin Lynch
  • Bradley Rodden (joined Bonnyrigg Rose)
  • Ben Stirling

I recon if we going to sign another 2 (or at the outside 3) in attack or 1 in attack, 1 midfield they need to be starters, pushing a couple of last season’s starters onto the bench. Last third of last season (after the Peterhead defeat) we were less potent going forward. Will be facing better defenders next time round.

Don’t want to criticise those who delivered the title but got to be realistic

11 hours ago, true fan said:

I recon if we going to sign another 2 (or at the outside 3) in attack or 1 in attack, 1 midfield they need to be starters, pushing a couple of last season’s starters onto the bench. Last third of last season (after the Peterhead defeat) we were less potent going forward. Will be facing better defenders next time round.

Don’t want to criticise those who delivered the title but got to be realistic

i'm hoping for another 2 signings. most important is another 1 up in attack who would be in the starting 11

We've got 17 players signed up and I'd like to see a further two, maybe three, added. We seem sorted in almost every area but we need something fresh in attack for the season ahead. We looked stodgy and unimaginative in the final quarter and only ever looked like scoring from a set-piece. It's important to bring in someone who'll put real pressure on our regular starters and not just someone to beef up like the numbers, like Mark Ferrie or Bradley Rodden. Someone to bring in a bit of razzmatazz and pop the crowd, as well as having a galvanising effect on the squad.

I've no doubt that Gary Naysmith and his recruitment team are aware of this and I look forward to seeing what business they can do!

As said prices have went up and I would imagine that promotion would mean an increase in players salary which has to be paid somehow.  A few decent wins and it will be great value for money.

Edited by Crazy Days

I'm not sure what people were expecting. £18 will be about the standard at this level with a few sides charging more than that.

There's already teams in league two who will be charging that and more moving forward.

Season ticket value is still tremendous paying monthly which will sort out the majority of our fanbase.

No qualms at all with our pricing.

18 quid seems fairly reasonable to me these days. The running costs of a club at our level are eye watering. The floodlight bill throughout the winter compared to 2 or 3 seasons ago must be astronomical. 

We are charging similar this season - £18 admission, £230 early bird and £270 after the early bird offer finishes with your usual discounts for students and OAPs.