Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

I wrote an 800-word assessment but the Pie and Bovril server packed in as I was posting it and I lost everything. I'll be damned if I'm writing it back up again.

Ah damn fair play. Don't blame you for not wanting to type it again

9 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

Who was the trialist that came on right back??

No idea. Our bench consisted of four Dutch trialists, God only knows how they found themselves in Stenhousemuir. The right-back looked very pacey but he gave the ball away as many times as he found his man. The other two boys that came on with 10 minutes remaining didn't get enough time to really do anything.

The other trialist, the #11, was Martin "Jimmy" Scott. I'd like to take a look at him again, he showed up well out on the left, but unless it's a pure winger, midfield isn't really a priority at the moment. A defender and a striker are a must.

No idea. Our bench consisted of four Dutch trialists, God only knows how they found themselves in Stenhousemuir. The right-back looked very pacey but he gave the ball away as many times as he found his man. The other two boys that came on with 10 minutes remaining didn't get enough time to really do anything.

The other trialist, the #11, was Martin "Jimmy" Scott. I'd like to take a look at him again, he showed up well out on the left, but unless it's a pure winger, midfield isn't really a priority at the moment. A defender and a striker are a must.

The right back is called Dalvin Havertong

A weakened Warriors side ran out 1-0 winners against, I assume, a strong Cowdenbeath side. Stephen Stirling with a penalty for the win.

The young trialist, who plays full back, was impressive and got forward at every chance. He could of scored but a good save prevented it.

Friendlies are finished and the squad looks to be finalised with a few signings still to be made. 

I've also noticed that Mark Gilhaney has missed the last few friendlies, anyone know why?

18 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

A weakened Warriors side ran out 1-0 winners against, I assume, a strong Cowdenbeath side. Stephen Stirling with a penalty for the win.

The young trialist, who plays full back, was impressive and got forward at every chance. He could of scored but a good save prevented it.

Friendlies are finished and the squad looks to be finalised with a few signings still to be made. 

I've also noticed that Mark Gilhaney has missed the last few friendlies, anyone know why?

It wasn't a strong Cowden line up out of the side tonight I would only really expect Gerry McLaughlan to start of Saturday. Mostly trialists, youth players and fringe men out tonight.

Edited by cowdenbeath

11 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

It wasn't a strong Cowden line up out of the side tonight I would only really expect Gerry McLaughlan to start of Saturday. Mostly trialists, youth players and fringe men out tonight.

My mistake. Hard to tell when you are a league below.

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I've been wondering the same thing. I think the last time I saw him was the run out against Hearts U-20s.

I rarely miss a chance to hear Bomber's thoughts on the beautiful game. He said in the Warriors TV interview after your last game that Gilhaney was still on holiday. 

52 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I rarely miss a chance to hear Bomber's thoughts on the beautiful game. He said in the Warriors TV interview after your last game that Gilhaney was still on holiday. 

He must of went on holiday after the Hearts game then.