Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

4 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

This story blindsided me this morning when I read it on the BBC gossip page and thought it might have been of interest to Stenny fans.

Rangers Eye Norwich Recruitment Chief

Wasn't he involved in a car park brawl after a game once following an altercation during the match?

Either way, fair play to the fella - although identifying Tony Andreu isn't quite the discovery seeing as he was playing well for Livi the previous season.

Wow, I did not know that's what Joe Savage was up to these days. Fair play to him.

I always remember his first game against us after he moved to Shire - he scored a Messi-esque goal at Bayview to beat us 1-0 and you just thought 'f**k sake Joe, why didn't you do that when you were with us?'.

I was astounded to hear that's what he was doing fair play to Joe a player I always liked.

I mind he was going to burst Fabregas one time at Cliftonhill please regale us with the story Francesc.

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

I was astounded to hear that's what he was doing fair play to Joe a player I always liked.

I mind he was going to burst Fabregas one time at Cliftonhill please regale us with the story Francesc.

For a brief period in 2006, I wrote the Dialogue with Des column for the Stenhousemuir FC website. It was, as you can probably imagine, a short interview with the Warriors then manager Des McKeown about the various comings and goings at the club. One of the very first interviews I did with him was at the beginning of the 2006/07 season and, amongst other things, we spoke about transfers, particularly in regards to forwards.

I typed the piece up and wrote something about how many strikers we'd had the previous year, mentioning players like Paul McGrillen, Colin Cramb, Jim Mercer, Iain Diack and Joe "Merrick" Savage. I don't know why I chucked in the "Merrick" reference (Joe Savage wasn't the best looking of boys, it's fair to say) but it was buried in amongst 2000-odd words and I didn't think anything else about it.

Anyway, fast-forward to an first-round League Cup tie against Albion Rovers at Cliftonhill on a stinking midweek night several weeks later. I went to get a pie from the kiosk at half time and as I stood in the queue, I got a shove in the back. It was - yes! - Joe Savage, furious that I bodied him online. He knew my name, he knew my e-mail address and, he said, wearing his Albion Rovers club tracksuit, if I ever wrote anything like that about him again he would "fucking kill me". I was a shaken, I'll admit, and watched the rest of the match in discomfort.

And who could blame me? I'm sure a couple of months previously he'd shoved over a referee whilst playing for East Fife (prompting one tabloid to run the story with the headline "Savage the Savage") and some months after our altercation he'd broken an Elgin player's jaw whilst he was at Arbroath. I'm sure the story was they'd both been sent off late on in the game and Savage waited for him in the carpark after the match before going for him (although someone can clear this up).

Lesson learned! Be careful what you write online because you never know who's reading it.

Still, it's good to see Savage is so highly thought of in football and working at such a big club like Norwich City. I hope he makes a success of himself wherever he ends up.

They look like someone just wrapped corner flags round the things legs! Surely just a stand in for the mannequin.

Dont think the top will look that bad in short sleeves and with a proper look at the white flashes. Talking of which, is that white flashes on the shoulders? Or another white top showing from behind?

Would be good to see how much white is on there if it is on the shoulders. Wouldn't want it going to far down the back, I'd be perfectly happy with that if it was just the white down the sides tbh.

For a brief period in 2006, I wrote the Dialogue with Des column for the Stenhousemuir FC website. It was, as you can probably imagine, a short interview with the Warriors then manager Des McKeown about the various comings and goings at the club. One of the very first interviews I did with him was at the beginning of the 2006/07 season and, amongst other things, we spoke about transfers, particularly in regards to forwards.
I typed the piece up and wrote something about how many strikers we'd had the previous year, mentioning players like Paul McGrillen, Colin Cramb, Jim Mercer, Iain Diack and Joe "Merrick" Savage. I don't know why I chucked in the "Merrick" reference (Joe Savage wasn't the best looking of boys, it's fair to say) but it was buried in amongst 2000-odd words and I didn't think anything else about it.
Anyway, fast-forward to an first-round League Cup tie against Albion Rovers at Cliftonhill on a stinking midweek night several weeks later. I went to get a pie from the kiosk at half time and as I stood in the queue, I got a shove in the back. It was - yes! - Joe Savage, furious that I bodied him online. He knew my name, he knew my e-mail address and, he said, wearing his Albion Rovers club tracksuit, if I ever wrote anything like that about him again he would "fucking kill me". I was a shaken, I'll admit, and watched the rest of the match in discomfort.
And who could blame me? I'm sure a couple of months previously he'd shoved over a referee whilst playing for East Fife (prompting one tabloid to run the story with the headline "Savage the Savage") and some months after our altercation he'd broken an Elgin player's jaw whilst he was at Arbroath. I'm sure the story was they'd both been sent off late on in the game and Savage waited for him in the carpark after the match before going for him (although someone can clear this up).
Lesson learned! Be careful what you write online because you never know who's reading it.
Still, it's good to see Savage is so highly thought of in football and working at such a big club like Norwich City. I hope he makes a success of himself wherever he ends up.

Seen Joe savage at utd v Hamilton last Thursday night. I take it he works with the accies? Was giving all the young lads high fives and seemed to know them all plus the Hamilton guys. Good player in his day... f**k messing about with him.

Sean Dickson has signed for Stirling Albion. A goddamn shame as well, a return to Stenhousemuir seemed to be on the cards at some point.

Heard the news earlier and confirmed on the club's website tonight. No doubt that if he can keep up the form he has shown in 2017, that it's a good move by Dave Mackay.....I am somewhat surprised however as, I had posted earlier in this thread, it really did look like he was coming back to Stenny and those who were peddling the rumours tend to be guys in the know.

17 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Joe "Merrick" Savage. I don't know why I chucked in the "Merrick" reference (Joe Savage wasn't the best looking of boys, it's fair to say)

Joe's a fine looking young man.

_40862379_joesavage203.jpg

On 5/29/2017 at 23:36, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I just saw the pic on Twitter. It looks pretty cheap. Like a high school U14's top

It's not the best. And your username is wrong. Your version would mean 'The The Moor of the Stone House'. If you wanted to put Gaelic on Stenhousemuir then Featha Thaigh nan Clach or Feith Thaigh nan Clach would be more appropriate. Genitive case advice on P&B, that's a first for me.

7 hours ago, Neilly said:

Hopefully this one is confirmed soon. Jammer and McGuigan will score 30 each in this tin pot league next season.

I remember watching that video last summer and thinking we were sorted. Alas, we didn't get that Jamma. Hopefully with a regular game he could get his sharpness and confidence back.