Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Yes. Gregor Buchanan's a better player in terms of his in-game intelligence and organisation but Fraser Kerr's got all the tools to make the step up to the Championship - he's big and strong and won't get pushed around, he's got a decent burst of pace over short distances, he's a safe passer of the ball, a threat at set-pieces and he can carry the ball out from the back.

With good players around him and someone to help him through matches he'd be an excellent signing for any part-time team.

Sounds promising. He's exactly the sort of guy I'd want us to be looking at; young, relatively experienced and hungry to prove a point and (I would imagine) return to full-time football. I doubt he'd command a big wage either.

1 hour ago, CEMSFC said:

Kieran Millar has signed for East Fife apparently

So much for him taking a year out to complete his studies, "CEMSFC"!

I imagine he'll be a good signing for East Fife. He's a player I've always liked, someone who'll always get stuck in and graft for his team. His performance in the 1-0 win over Stranraer midway through the season was the best individual performance I've seen from a Stenhousemuir player in a long time, he was everywhere on the pitch and chipped in with a winning goal.

However, Millar is a lot better without the ball than he is with it. He's an instinctive player and doesn't seem to know what he's doing when he has time and space. There were many occasions during the season where he would hook the ball up the park rather than putting his foot on it. He's also a very shy guy too, maybe painfully so, so don't expect him to order his team-mates around the pitch.

His departure will be a blow but if Nathan Blockley can reclaim his form at Airdrieonians from a couple of years ago we've got a like-for-like replacement in there.

54 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Making some decent signings, jamma will do well for you..felt he never got a chance for us.

Was impressed with nathan blockley all season aswell.

Hoping grant anderson is signing with us though.

Jammer one of the best finishers on one to one with keeper. Great football brain.

If CEMSFC told me it was light outside just now I wouldn't believe it.

From studying for a year to plying yer trade in Fife. If you keep guessing it's bound to be correct eventually.

Millar is a good player but not irreplaceable and more so with the signing of Blockley.

18 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Ah I see. Apologies. Assumed he was a Stenny since we are on their thread. It surely does mean something though, we are going for the title.

:whistle