Moving to a new city alone

Nothing to it. First time you get on the tube, shake hands with everyone sitting near you. Great ice breaker.

And smile intently at everyone, otherwise everyone will think you're a weirdo.

Don't! I once got in a fight with a fishmonger, I got battered.

I think you were in the wrong plaice, sure you weren't in a chip shop?

I cod you not, although my herring isn't what it used to be, I could have misheard you.

Well yeah I'd basically be looking for folk to go on the piss with at weekends etc. The good news is it will probably be late summer 2016, surely a load of graduates will be moving to London at the same time so it can't be too hard to form a kind of social group.

You'll be wanting a mixed flatshare. 2 boys 2 girls. That way you can shag your way through your flatmates pals (try not to shag flatmates) and will always have drinking buddies.

Staple snakes to your nipples and walk around with your cock inside the stomach of a sheep that you've removed from the carcass and have carefully sewn on to your genitals.

Staple snakes to your nipples and walk around with your cock inside the stomach of a sheep that you've removed from the carcass and have carefully sewn on to your genitals.

That look is so last year.

I might be moving to London, and I'm fucking shitting myself.

It's shite. Don't bother

SNP poster on your window son.

You can have my spare one

London's alright. Get to know yer ain borough when you move doon. Whoever said it's like loads of villages connected was right. You can get strangely attached to yer postcode and start moaning about "media types" who can't afford to live in in Muswell Hill putting the prices up before ye know it.

Different scenario but I moved abroad with my missus last year. During that time she has been back in the UK for spells, leaving me out here to my own devices. Generally it's a great thing as met some top lads out here but with them all being out the country on business, I'm stuck here with only the barmen in my local pub to talk to.

Without a doubt you need to make friends quickly or it will get lonely!

• 8 months later...