The 2015/16 Hibernian F.C. Championship Thread

ANTHONY STOKES looks set to push for a move to Hibs.SunSport revealed last month that Easter Road boss Alan Stubbs wanted to sign the out-of-favour Hoops hitman on a loan deal until the end of the season.

And we now understand Stokes is prepared to make the switch to the promotion-chasing Championship outfit.

Inverness Caley Thistle are also in the hunt for the 27-year-old along with Dundee United.Caley Jags boss John Hughes was the man to bring Stokes to Scotland when he was in charge of Falkirk.

And Yogi has already offered the striker the opportunity to resurrect his career in the Highlands.

But Stokes is understood to be excited by the prospect of working with Hibees gaffer Stubbs for the next four months.

Liam Henderson is already on loan at Hibs from Celtic and has been singing Stubbs’ praises along with Dylan McGeouch who made the move last summer.

Informal talks between the clubs have taken place with Stokes likely to make a final decision this week.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...ny-Stokes.html

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when Stokes came back to Scotland after his spell at Sunderland.

Made his Hibs debut at The Falkirk Stadium.

What's Hibs next game?

Great siging for Hibs if it happens. I unfondly remember his keepy uppy for F*****k at East End...

I remember when Stokes came back to Scotland after his spell at Sunderland.

Made his Hibs debut at The Falkirk Stadium.

What's Hibs next game?

Did Bamba and Riordan score? We had that gazebo stand????

Did Bamba and Riordan score? We had that gazebo stand

Hibs won 3-1 after we had taken a lead through Ryan Flynn.

Think Bamba equalised yeah.

Also our 1st league game wi the new South stand.

Only the Old firm were given the Gazebo.

Hibs won 3-1 after we had taken a lead through Ryan Flynn.

Think Bamba equalised yeah.

Also our 1st league game wi the new South stand.

Only the Old firm were given the Gazebo.

Your right aye, I was actually in the Falkirk end because we sold out I think or for some reason we had to go to the stadium the morning of the game and get tickets for gazebo.

Money money money.

Agree, he could do better than Wolves.

Hopefully he sees career development and how far he's come along in the last year and a half under Stubbs as more important of the ££ of Wolverhampton at this stage.

Wolves also dicked super Leigh about so for that also I hope we/he tells them to ram it.

First thought when I heard we were in for Stokes was that Cummings is away. He misses a game with a cold and we're making bids two days later. Makes sense.

If we were to get a few bob for Beanzy and brought in Stokes on loan, I'd call that a very decent bit of business.

Archived