The 2015/16 Hibernian F.C. Championship Thread

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that we need more midfielders, but it's not an urgent matter, I'd rather Stubbs evaluated many potential players until he finds the right one(s) rather than rush in and sign a player or two based on their reputations

Who's been saying that?

He's had about 150 matches too many at centre-half never mind midfield.

People say it on Hibs groups on Facebook and also on .net all the time. It's like an obsession with playing players out of position. He apparently played as an attacking midfielder at Hutchie vale before someone at ER decided he was better as a fullback before being moved to centre half

People say it on Hibs groups on Facebook and also on .net all the time. It's like an obsession with playing players out of position. He apparently played as an attacking midfielder at Hutchie vale before someone at ER decided he was better as a fullback before being moved to centre half

Paul was a left midfielder at Hutchie.

Steven Whittaker played as a striker before he was switched to right-back.

We've also had a keeper that played as a striker, and vice versa.

Players tend to be switched for the betterment of their development, rather than to suit a team.

I don't believe that a player's position at a youth/feeder club (or an academy) are indicators of where they should play as adults.

The assertion that Hanlon would be a good defensive-midfielder, because he played as a midfielder at youth level, are bizarre.

Then there's the even more far-farfetched claims that Handling should be used as a defensive-midfielder!

I don't believe that Hanlon should ever be played at left-back either. He's not the tallest or strongest of centre-backs, but I can't see him offering more elsewhere.

He has improved significantly there in a continuous partnership and I don't see why we should change that.

Handling is a strange case; Stubbs appears to be the third manager that rates him more highly than Stanton & Harris.

I'd argue that Stanton & Harris have shown more promise than Handling ever has, in the senior side.

They have also found suitable positions whilst Handling doesn't appear to fit in anywhere!

edit: 'have shown more promise'

Steven Whittaker played as a striker before he was switched to right-back.

We've also had a keeper that played as a striker, and vice versa.

Players tend to be switched for the betterment of their development, rather than to suit a team.

I don't believe that a player's position at a youth/feeder club (or an academy) are indicators of where they should play as adults.

The assertion that Hanlon would be a good defensive-midfielder, because he played as a midfielder at youth level, are bizarre.

Then there's the even more far-farfetched claims that Handling should be used as a defensive-midfielder!

I don't believe that Hanlon should ever be played at left-back either. He's not the tallest or strongest of centre-backs, but I can't see him offering more elsewhere.

He has improved significantly there in a continuous partnership and I don't see why we should change that.

Handling is a strange case; Stubbs appears to be the third manager that rates him more highly than Stanton & Harris.

I'd argue that Stanton & Harris have shown more promise than Handling ever has, in the senior side.

They have also found suitable positions whilst Handling doesn't appear to fit in anywhere!

edit: 'have shown more promise'

Hanlon hasn't improved, he just looks good against part-timers.

He's as bad as he ever was.

Hanlon in midfield :lol:

I never want our fan ownership thing to extend to any input at any any level. Most fans are complete and utter idiots.

Edit: On Hanlon, he isn't as terrible as some make out but I don't understand why some seem to rate him highly either. He's a bang average, lower SPL level player at best.

One thing I will say for him is that we never would've been relegated if he wasn't injured. Our defence had a 4 or 5 month heads gone without him in there. Him and Forster competing for a CB place alongside Fontaine will do at this level.

Archived