Irish Equal Marriage Referendum

Gordon EF

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that it's only Christian churches required to rescind what they believe is right. I wonder if the homosexual lobby would have the bottle to ask the Muslim community to recognise gay marriage. Now that marriage has been redefined, I'd like the right to marry 2 women simultaneously. Or marry my pet fish. Or enter into a civil partnership with a woman (currently not allowed). I have no control or responsibility over who I am or my sexual behaviour anyway.

The Christian church has every right to say it believes homosexuality is wrong.

I think polygamy should be legal and civil partnerships should be extended to heterosexual couples. I doubt many people who support equal marriage will disagree with that. If your pet fish can give consent to marry you then fair play on that one too.

Of course the church has that right. But everyone else has the right to tell them that they're wrong and also backwards bigots who belong in the dark ages and merrily laugh at them as society carries on doing the right thing regardless of what these deluded institutions think or say.

You'd have a point if I had ever said they were old enough to die for their country.

Where did I ever say I agreed that they should die for the country at that age?

In fact where did I ever say anyone should fight for their country?

I never claimed that you had said it. It is however an undeniable fact.

Because as you and I know fully well, people on the whole vote for a party not the person.

It is highly unlikely that a Tory voter for example would vote anything other than Tory unless the Tory candidate was genuinely appalling.

We of course know this because it's where the old misquoted line about sticking a red rosette on a donkey and getting it elected came from.

That is the unfortunate side of party politics.

If Mhairi Black had stood for the Lib Dems we'd wouldn't be having this discussion because she'd have been humiliated like all the other Lib Demmers.

By putting her up for the SNP she was carried along in the tide of support washing the entire country.

In Ireland they can be elected to the Dáil Éireann at 21. It is only the role of President (directly elected) that has the 35 age limit.

Their congregation also has the right to disagree, leaving the ministers and priests to preach to empty churches.

Not that that isn't already happening anyway.

How does that help their cause.

As for your point about the muslim community?

Why do you think that community has not already been lobbied?

People will have no option but to accept this or face the full force of legal recourse if they discriminate.

So to get this straight - you believe that ALL Christian churches and ALL mosques MUST host same sex marriage ceremonies if asked?

So to get this straight - you believe that ALL Christian churches and ALL mosques MUST host same sex marriage ceremonies if asked?

Hell, why not? Stuff them all and their dark-age superstitions...

Anyway: :lol:

600801_388558564581781_493680709_n.jpg?o

Archived