Dundee United 2015/16 Season

I will freely admit I was someone, who although not convinced by McNamara, wanted to give him the first couple of months of this season. I thought it was the fair thing to do after he had the core of his team sold. He should have been given the summer to rebuild and the early part of the season to prove if he could put together a decent side. He couldn't.

In hindsight he should have gone earlier but I think even the most pessimistic of United fan wouldn't have been able to foresee us being so detached at the bottom of the table (I though at the very worst we would be 8 or 9th if McNamara's signings hadn't worked).

Fair enough. As you say I don't think any of us saw this.

What a fucking disaster this has been and there absolutely no sign of it changing any time soon.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See you in the May relegation battle, buster :angry:

I also brought up possible relegation towards the end of last season and was roundly scoffed at :angry:

We're not down yet. As long as we start getting some luck, sign a few talented attacking options, and the muppets in 11th, 12, 13 stop picking up points here there and everywhere, we'll be fine.

Fair enough. As you say I don't think any of us saw this.

What a fucking disaster this has been and there absolutely no sign of it changing any time soon.

Have to disagree, I thought the evidence was there to see.

In the first half of the season we gathered 37 points; in the second half 19. This wasn't just as a result of the players we lost, it was due to McNamara being unable to motivate players and, significantly, not being able to change tactics when required.

Whenever a team got in our players' faces they were unable to cope. St Johnstone in particular were good at this though they were not the only ones.

Have to disagree, I thought the evidence was there to see.

In the first half of the season we gathered 37 points; in the second half 19. This wasn't just as a result of the players we lost, it was due to McNamara being unable to motivate players and, significantly, not being able to change tactics when required.

Whenever a team got in our players' faces they were unable to cope. St Johnstone in particular were good at this though they were not the only ones.

I wanted him sacked but because i thought we would struggle to make top 6.

Once i saw the calibre of signings we made and his insistence that the goalie situation was good enough was when I thought we might be in real trouble.

I remember in close season of being accused of being a "Thompson hating utd mad roaster" by someone who insisted we would till be top 4, which is unfair as it is only 33% accurate.

Genuine question, how long will United fans give Mixu before you start wanting him out? His record so far is awful. Player for player I don't think United should be anywhere near the bottom of the league, but this 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1 seems to leave you so blunt up top you're relying on a shaky defence to keep you in games. I actually thought you were lining up in a 4-2-3-1 yesterday which would have matched our formation (or near enough), and looking at the players in each position you actually have a decent side which should be more than capable of a mid table finish.

Genuine question, how long will United fans give Mixu before you start wanting him out? His record so far is awful. Player for player I don't think United should be anywhere near the bottom of the league, but this 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1 seems to leave you so blunt up top you're relying on a shaky defence to keep you in games. I actually thought you were lining up in a 4-2-3-1 yesterday which would have matched our formation (or near enough), and looking at the players in each position you actually have a decent side which should be more than capable of a mid table finish.

I dont want mixu in charge next season but at the same time there is no point punting him now.

Wait until we are relegated and then we can legitimately get rid and can still give the new a guy a few games and a summer to rebuild.

I also brought up possible relegation towards the end of last season and was roundly scoffed at :angry:

We're not down yet. As long as we start getting some luck, sign a few talented attacking options, and the muppets in 11th, 12, 13 stop picking up points here there and everywhere, we'll be fine.

You want luck, more signings AND more teams added to the league? bit greedy like.

When I first saw the team I thought it would be 4-2-3-1 and was happy about that, but in honesty I don't think it would have made a big difference.

One thing that's been overlooked is that we lost by one goal and that was a wicked deflection. That said I don't think we deserved anything from the game.

I'll reserve judgement on Mixu, he's playing McNamara's team with the exception of three emergency signings. It should be on bios by February/March if he's the guy to take us forward though part of his success will depend upon how much he's allowed to spend in January and the quality of these signings.

We looked awful attempting to go forward once Dundee were ahead and packed the defence, but there have also been games under Mixu when we've created chance after chance and failed to take them.

As you say, on paper the squad may look no worse than much of the dross in the league but you can't underestimate the effects of low (zero) confidence which is evident throughout the team. Mixu has brought in a few free agents out of desperation but I think it would be harsh to judge him until he's at least had a transfer window and a time to gel his own team. He inherited a side which many Arabs were saying was the worst we'd seen in a long time.

Don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread as haven't read last few pages but credit to all of your players for the compassion showed towards McPake after what looks like a career ender.

Particularly McGowan and Dillon for how they were straight over trying to help out. Expect nothing less from Dillon though absolute gentleman.

You guys are looking fucked but those boys were a credit to your club yesterday for how they handled that situation.

Don't agree that we shouldn't be judging Mixu, his tactics have been hopeless, he's took weeks to drop under performing players and in Durnan's case he's continued to play him regardless of the points he's cost us on a weekly basis.

He's threw the players under the bus weekly, when he has been as much to blame with his awful tactics and squad selections.

I don't care what anyone says a decent manager would have this team fighting for top six, all this team lacks is a left winger and some confidence, this group of lads wont ever get the confidence they need, when their disaster of a manager keeps publicly destroying them to save a little face, Mixu can f**k off with his John Brownesk management.

The damage was done months ago. I would have sacked McnaFortune after the St. Johnstone final. Anyone watching us v saints that season knew we would lose that game, Tommy Wright had our number big time and fair play to him. We had no plan B. last year it was clear he didn't have a clue

This. We knew we were winning as soon as we made the final. The rat was clueless on how to play against us. His moaning at every defeat just proved it, any chairman worth their salt would've shown some baws and got rid. The snake is the biggest cause of unitit being in turmoil.

Get doon ya dayglo fucks.

peeeel, on 03 Jan 2016 - 14:26, said:peeeel, on 03 Jan 2016 - 14:26, said:

Don't agree that we shouldn't be judging Mixu, his tactics have been hopeless, he's took weeks to drop under performing players and in Durnan's case he's continued to play him regardless of the points he's cost us on a weekly basis.

He's threw the players under the bus weekly, when he has been as much to blame with his awful tactics and squad selections.

I don't care what anyone says a decent manager would have this team fighting for top six, all this team lacks is a left winger and some confidence, this group of lads wont ever get the confidence they need, when their disaster of a manager keeps publicly destroying them to save a little face, Mixu can f**k off with his John Brownesk management.

John Brown was actually successful at putting a rocket under Dundee's collective arses in the short term. Mixu is already coming across as an embarrassing moron. You'd probably be doing half decent for a few months under Bomber, but it's a pity, cause he 'cannae stand the Arabs'.

John Brown was actually successful at putting a rocket under Dundee's collective arses in the short term. Mixu is already coming across as an embarrassing moron. You'd probably be doing half decent for a few months under Bomber, but it's a pity, cause he 'cannae stand the Arabs'.

At least John Brown managed to get his players believing in themselves. All these lads under Mixu must be thinking their next stop is the job centre.

peeeel, on 03 Jan 2016 - 14:34, said:

At least John Brown managed to get his players believing in themselves. All these lads under Mixu must be thinking their next stop is the job centre.

John Brown managed to shaft one of our keepers and have him replaced within 48 hours. How long did it take Mixu to sign a keeper? John Brown has contacts. Get him in now before it's too late. ;)

That's half the problem I think. Most of these guys have been in a losing team for so long now they can't draw any confidence from anything. When we went 1-0 up and didn't score again quickly it was obvious we were going to concede and collapse. We slowly sat deeper and deeper and didn't close any Dundee players down. The formation and tactics don't help with only having one player up front. I reckon we need to scrap this 3/5 at the back, go 4-4-2 and keep it simple.

Archived