FIFA officials arrested.

Apparently paid him 2M Swiss Frances in late 2011 "for work performed between 1999 & 2002" :lol:. Platini - favourite to succeed Blatter and 'clean up FIFA'?

I still wonder what John McBeth makes of all this... hounded out for being 'racist' in his criticisms of Jack Warner, now vindicated to the power of X.

He is owed a lot of apologies by a lot of people.

The Scottish media are unlikely to chase this however, given that they hung him out to dry!

I'm not too keen on sponsors coming out with this pish. They're not sponsoring it through some sort of altruism. If you disagree with how fifa is run, withdraw your sponsorship. Of course, that will never happen.

I'd bet blatter has had a long term relationship with these sponsors and now they're throwing him under the bus too. I always thought blatter would get out of this, but he's getting ditched left right & centre and am not so sure now.

Interesting stuff breaking in the ethics committee investigation,seemingly england were horse trading votes with south korea and cameron and prince william were in the meeting,somehow i dont think this will be reported over here :lol:

Martyn Ziegler @martynziegler 22m22 minutes ago

Chung reveals England's 'rather incoherent' Geoff Thompson told ethics investigators England 2018 agreed vote-trading deal with Korea...

Martyn Ziegler @martynziegler 20m20 minutes ago

That charge dropped after Chung pointed out Prince William + David Cameron were also in the room when deal supposed to have been made.

• 4 weeks later...

DFB offices as well as the homes of the current & former president searched as part of an investigation into tax evasion concerning a payment made to FIFA as part of the WC 2006

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/2557/news/2015/11/04/16970652/dfb-will-cooperate-over-tax-evasion-claims?utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.de%2F

• 4 weeks later...