FIFA officials arrested.

TBF, the real corruption no one talks about is not FIFA or the Olympic Association embezzling and taking bribes, but the looting that arises from high ranking politicians and contractors when new infrastructure is required to host such events. This is because no one knows how much it costs to do such projects because there is nothing to compare it to like say a new road. So perfect opportunity to fill their own pockets and do pet projects, with the general population being none the wiser. The Sochi Olympics was a perfect example of this

Organised crime made a fortune from the Sochi Olympics. There were numerous murders and ganglnad feuds over control of the extortion and skimming rackets around the construction.

Putin has chipped in with his tuppence worth saying that America are only doing this to stop them hosting the World Cup and that he fully supports Blatter's re-election. I'm shocked that the computer destroying Ruskies would support a corrupt organisation.

A bullet can't go through Putin's head fast enough for me.

A few thoughts.

The Election

The Brazilians have been arrested or fled Switzerland, so 208 countries will participate.

Blatter - AFC+CAF+Caribbean+OFC - easily over 104.

Prince Ali - UEFA-CONCACAF-Australia-CONMEBOL - not enough

The 2018 World Cup

Blatter will be reelected, that is clear. It now come down to if UEFA are serious about breaking away. If they do then UEFA's world cup (in England or Germany likely) would be far more interesting with 24 UEFA countries, 5 CONMEBOL countries, USA, Mexico and Australia (the others would be need to be deed to look like a World Cup)

Platini is right - if that corrupt fuqer gets in again then UEFA should walk. Let the corrupt African and Asian Federations see how much sponsorship they'll get without the European teams.

Platini is a crooked fucker aswell,his son suddenly got a cushy number with a qatari sports organization

A few thoughts.

The Election

The Brazilians have been arrested or fled Switzerland, so 208 countries will participate.

Blatter - AFC+CAF+Caribbean+OFC - easily over 104.

Prince Ali - UEFA-CONCACAF-Australia-CONMEBOL - not enough

The 2018 World Cup

Blatter will be reelected, that is clear. It now come down to if UEFA are serious about breaking away. If they do then UEFA's world cup (in England or Germany likely) would be far more interesting with 24 UEFA countries, 5 CONMEBOL countries, USA, Mexico and Australia (the others would be need to be deed to look like a World Cup)

I'm sure you could convince Japan and Korea to come along as well. 90% of the countries in UEFA's world cup would be the counties who would have made FIFA's world cup. Let Nigeria play Honduras for a trophy in Russia.

I quite like the cut of Prince Ali's jib. There might be quite a few Associations intending to vote for him but staying quiet in case Blatter cuts off their funding/brown envelopes.

http://news.sky.com/story/1492368/who-is-prince-ali-and-can-he-beat-blatter

Edited by welshbairn

I'm hoping the Yanks are just holding fire on Blatter until after he's re-elected. I know what they said but they do love a bit of spotlight stealing drama.

Possibly mentioned earlier but as a Swiss national the world police may struggle to bring him to book :(

find the irony somewhat amusing. :whistle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32904408

Regan and the SFA wonks are a bunch of plums.

Moving on and the latest is a rival association and a Scottish boycott of international competitions. The phrase 'de facto' springs to mind.

Blatter using the classic deflection tactics.

Not his fault, he can't monitor everyone

Yip the classic the big boy did it and ran away. Wasn't me honest

Mon the Lok now

I'm hoping the Yanks are just holding fire on Blatter until after he's re-elected. I know what they said but they do love a bit of spotlight stealing drama.

Did blatter elect or appoint any of these people? Edited by THE KING