Tony Blair resigns as "Middle East Pesce Envoy"

Interesting range of responses. I think he probably had good intentions, but for less selfless reasons and thought they could bring peace to the region, without having any idea of the consequences. Or even really considering them.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/330000-for-a-20minute-speech-at-a-world-hunger-event-tony-blair-is-an-inspiration-to-us-all-10289764.html?origin=internalSearch

Not exactly struggling for cash or work.

£330,000 for a speech on world hunger at a rate of £275 a second.

Just struggling for decency and self-awareness and the inability to be a c**t.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/330000-for-a-20minute-speech-at-a-world-hunger-event-tony-blair-is-an-inspiration-to-us-all-10289764.html?origin=internalSearch

Not exactly struggling for cash or work.

£330,000 for a speech on world hunger at a rate of £275 a second.

Just struggling for decency and self-awareness and the inability to be a c**t.

That's a wee bit ironic is it no ?

That's a wee bit ironic is it no ?

Lots of people moan about what Blair gets for his speeches - but it's just envy.

If someone is stupid enough to pay him those sums to speak then more fool them. If it is was me being offered that kind of money I'd be doing it as well!!

Not that anyone is ever going to do that!!

:(

Lots of people moan about what Blair gets for his speeches - but it's just envy.

If someone is stupid enough to pay him those sums to speak then more fool them. If it is was me being offered that kind of money I'd be doing it as well!!

I'd probably give you a couple of quid to shut the f**k up.

I think criticising Blair is not only justified but probably should be made compulsory.

I take your point but c'mon accepting all that money for a speech on world hunger and you cannae see the irony of that.

It's a wee bit like thon lassie that married Charlie Windsor.

I remember reading in the papers at the time that she was hosting a charity do.

And she was wearing a dress that cost either £25,000 or £250,000 (I cannae remember).

She should have bought a pair o' jeans oot o' the Factory Shop for £7 and donated the cost o' the dress tae the charity.

Efter a' it's the taxpayer who was paying for the dress onyway.

Archived