Women's world cup

Mr Bairn

Starts next Friday. Should be a good filler for the only summer in the four year cycle without a major men's tournament. BBC will be showing all games.

Group A: Canada, China, New Zealand, Holland

Group B: Germany, Ivory Coast, Thailand, Norway

Group C: Japan, Switzerland, Cameroon, Ecuador

Group D: USA, Australia, Sweden, Nigeria

Group E: Brazil, South Korea, Spain, Costa Rica

Group F: France, England, Colombia, Mexico

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIFA 16 to feature women for the first time: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32915815

Will the mens teams be able to play the womens teams and will the gulf be realistic? While the womens game is good on a technical level, it lacks massively in terms of speed, power, height and a bit of nastyness. Most low level professional mens teams would hammer even the best of the womens teams.

I'm gonna try and watch all the US matches this time around.

I watched the knockout matches in the last WC for the first time. You can say what you want about women's football, but our quarterfinal match against Brazil is one of the few single moments in all my years of watching sports where I involuntarily jumped from my seat because something so exciting happened. I remember feeling my heart racing while thinking in my head that this was strange because I didn't think I cared about women's sports.

Quarterfinals v. Brazil. The US has made at least the semifinals at every World Cup.

122nd minute. Down 2-1. 1 minute of stoppage time had been announced. The US gets the ball near our own box and begins a desperate charge down the field. Long cross into the box. Goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvGfV6qCiOI

On some fixture list it clearly states Women's World Cup. Why do they then have to say Brazil Women v. Mexico Women? This annoys me, so I probably won't watch it, plus it's on in the middle of the night and it'll be rubbish.

China just had a free kick that hit both posts but some how stayed out :blink:

Nothing has happened since.

I watch a bit of women's football but I tend not to bother until about the quarter finals, the standard seems to be pretty poor outside of the best teams.

Nothing has happened since.

I watch a bit of women's football but I tend not to bother until about the quarter finals, the standard seems to be pretty poor outside of the best teams.

Canada did hit the bar but yeah, f**k all has happened so far.

pretty harsh on china... its a pro canadian conspiracy. pretty bad game though, i got the feeling that the vast majority of the people in the stadium hadn't watched a game of football before, clapping over everything.

Archived