St Johnstone in Europe 2015/16

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there pay at the gate ?

Yeah. You PATG but you'll then receive a ticket with a seat number on it, and you have to sit in that seat

£26 entry next Thursday, holy f**k. Good pricing

Was thinking on heading along to this but 26 notes is ripping the piss. Can't see many neutrals going at that price, especially as the game will likely be dire!

Erm... I'm not wrong. We charged £26 last year and people came to watch. The board were vindicated by the attendance. If you would like to point out which part of that is wrong I'd be extremely interested to know.

ETA - 8000+ against Luzern and 7000 against Trnava. The pricing structure works.

We had somewhere close to 9000 at home to FC Minsk with those prices too.

#boxoffice

We are a big club that wins trophies, the sooner people realise you have to pay that bit more to see a proper club the better.

You are right, that is why it is cheaper to get into the nou camp for a champions league game than to watch St Johnstone toil against some Armenian diddies in qualifying round 1 of Europa league. Point conceded.

You are right, that is why it is cheaper to get into the nou camp for a champions league game than to watch St Johnstone toil against some Armenian diddies in qualifying round 1 of Europa league. Point conceded.

Probably for the best tbh - you were starting to look a little bit silly.

£26 works and Saints know that, I'm sure they will be devastated you won't be there though. Your point about Barcelona is completely irrelevant, Saints are getting 80 to 90% capacity with this pricing structure, why would they change it?

As an aside a family of 4 can get in for £34. An adult and two kids for £17. Extremely reasonable.

Yeah, it works for games against big clubs like Rosenburg and Luzern, and then in the latter rounds - but not now. I know plenty of people who were thinking of going but have been put off by the, quite frankly, ridiculous price for a 1st round qualifier against some utter no marks from Armenia. I think many people will wait and hope we make it to the next round.

We'll be lucky if there is over 6000.

I know plenty of people who were thinking of going but have been put off by the, quite frankly, ridiculous price for a 1st round qualifier against some utter no marks from Armenia.

These people are fucking idiots then, for all we know this'll be the last European game we see in our lifetime, imagine refusing to go because youve to pay an extra four pound from league fixtures.

Aye, was dead against FC Minsk and Spartak Trnava right enough. Another top post Jama.

Did you even read my post? The Minsk and Trnava games were one tie away from the play-offs, the reward was a tie against a potentially big European team. The reward for this game is a place in the second round against what looks like a team from Kazakhstan.

Did you even read my post? The Minsk and Trnava games were one tie away from the play-offs, the reward was a tie against a potentially big European team. The reward for this game is a place in the second round against what looks like a team from Kazakhstan.

The reward for going to this game is seeing McDiarmid under the floodlights...

image.jpg

:wub:

Yeah, it works for games against big clubs like Rosenburg and Luzern, and then in the latter rounds - but not now. I know plenty of people who were thinking of going but have been put off by the, quite frankly, ridiculous price for a 1st round qualifier against some utter no marks from Armenia. I think many people will wait and hope we make it to the next round.

We'll be lucky if there is over 6000.

I hear what you're saying about it being unfancied opposition, but the European nights at McDiarmid are amongst the highlights of our season for the buzz beforehand, the atmosphere and the excitement on the night.

I don't mind paying a few pounds extra for this, and certainly don't mind the once or twice a season folk paying extra for it.

(Though in future I would love to see the club introduce a loyalty/ membership scheme where regulars would get games like this for a couple of pounds cheaper. Might encourage a few more of our floaters to turn up on a regular basis).

These people are fucking idiots then, for all we know this'll be the last European game we see in our lifetime, imagine refusing to go because youve to pay an extra four pound from league fixtures.

Man, people don't think like that. Regular supporters think like that but not people who just want something entertaining to do. These people don't pay 23 odd quid every week to see saints and I think the asking price for this game will put some people off and instead they will head to their local boozer in preparation for loft. I just don't feel like there is a massive buzz for this game like the others. If I'm wrong, great, we will have a super atmosphere tomorrow night.

Considering you weren't that bothered about us qualifying for Europe and were more interested in Aberdeen's 'title challenge' I think I'm going to take your prediction with a massive pinch of salt.

Glad to see your tears still haven't dried yet B)

Archived