St Johnstone in Europe 2015/16

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want the Groups. f**k your "mega money" ties against some massive clubs, I'll take some Chechen shiteheap with ten fans in every round if we made it to the competition proper.

Our potential opponents

Odds BK (Norway)

FK Kukesi (Albania)

FK Jelgava (Latvia)

Vikingur Reykjavic (Iceland)

Alashkert FC (Armenia)

The Armenians are the second lowest ranked side in the whole draw, narrowly ahead of the side from Gibraltar.

Vikingur and Odds have a bit of pedigree, but are also the most accessible places for us.

Bit of a nightmare potential draw all round to be honest.

I want the Groups. f**k your "mega money" ties against some massive clubs, I'll take some Chechen shiteheap with ten fans in every round if we made it to the competition proper.

The thoughts of every Saints fan I'm sure.

The only positive of drawing West Ham would be getting the opportunity to take in a game at the Boleyn Ground before it's demolished. I'm tempted to even go down there next season for a run of the mill game just to see a game there.

Would also be funny to see the Mango Army being chased away by genuine hooligans. They'd shit themselves.

Would

Odds would be the worst possible draw, possibly the biggest banana skin of the whole round. They finished 3rd last year in the Norwegian league and reached the final of the cup. They're currently sitting 5th this season, having only lost twice in their first 13 league matches.

Kukesi have a bit of European pedigree. They've played in the competition the last 3 years. Knocked out first time the last couple of seasons right enough, but they're European record isn't too bad -10 matches, 2 wins, 4 draws, 4 defeats.

FK Jevaga are the Latvian cup winners. They're sitting in midtable at the moment in their league.

Vikingur Reykjavik finished 4th in their league last season, hence the European qualififcation, are sitting 3rd bottom of their donestic league so far this season.

Alashkert FC - finished 8th in their domestic league last season - won 6, drew 6 lost 16. I can't find anything about how they've actually gotten into Europe as I can't see 8th place being enough to do so. Presumably they've either won their domestic cup or the fair play league? This lot seem like the best possible draw in terms of quality, but probably the biggest nightmare in terms of location.

Odds would be the worst possible draw, possibly the biggest banana skin of the whole round. They finished 3rd last year in the Norwegian league and reached the final of the cup. They're currently sitting 5th this season, having only lost twice in their first 13 league matches.

Kukesi have a bit of European pedigree. They've played in the competition the last 3 years. Knocked out first time the last couple of seasons right enough, but they're European record isn't too bad -10 matches, 2 wins, 4 draws, 4 defeats.

FK Jevaga are the Latvian cup winners. They're sitting in midtable at the moment in their league.

Vikingur Reykjavik finished 4th in their league last season, hence the European qualififcation, are sitting 3rd bottom of their donestic league so far this season.

Alashkert FC - finished 8th in their domestic league last season - won 6, drew 6 lost 16. I can't find anything about how they've actually gotten into Europe as I can't see 8th place being enough to do so. Presumably they've either won their domestic cup or the fair play league? This lot seem like the best possible draw in terms of quality, but probably the biggest nightmare in terms of location.

Alashkert finished 4th last season?

http://www.fifa.com/world-match-centre/nationalleagues/nationalleague=armenia-premier-league-2000000006/standings/index.html

Archived