Motherwell FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarkson is a strange one. Great player at first but as good as being a man down once he stopped scoring. I am surprised he got another Premiership gig.

I wish him luck though. His 8 goals made a big difference over the course of the season.

Clarkson will absolutely horse Dundee next season - bookmark this.

Surprised they didn't re-sign him tbh. They will probably go down because of that.

Are Motherwell using almondvale for home friendlies? Heard they are doing pitch work. Not sure, if true though.

I believe that is the situation. We play your mob mid July and rumours of us also playing Preston.

One of the worst players in the history of dundee football club

If that's what you need to tell yourself to convince that he's anything other than an atrocious signing, fair enough. Once he went through his purple patch with us, he offered nothing, he was about as useful as sticking a plank of wood up top.

You both realise he will score against you next season? It's a given.

Patrick Bateman, on 25 Jun 2015 - 21:22, said:

It was in 'jest' though.

:rolleyes:

Quite clearly, aye. Considering that's in like my second post of that thread. ;)

I believe that is the situation. We play your mob mid July and rumours of us also playing Preston.

Is the Preston game away?

I could make that one, great when Motherwell come down this way. Morecambe was terrific.

Dundee fans are precious types aren't they? Ludo having a fucking 'mare as well :lol:

A signing which, I assume, will fill the void left by John Sutton as the third choice striker.

If we start the season having him as our no.1 striker, I'll start to worry. Until then, it's fine. A cheap back-up, who knows the club well.

You're laughing about Motherwell signing a back up striker?

Bizarre behaviour from the Dundee ones here.

He'll be absolutely fine. A few appearances off the bench. I'd expect, a few goals as well perhaps.

Shit. Does the season start tomorrow??

If not, I'd imagine it'll be the other two strikers that we'll sign.

Why don't you tell us all about Nick Ross?

Desp, on 25 Jun 2015 - 23:55, said:

Dundee fans are precious types aren't they? Ludo having a fucking 'mare as well :lol:

A signing which, I assume, will fill the void left by John Sutton as the third choice striker.

If we start the season having him as our no.1 striker, I'll start to worry. Until then, it's fine. A cheap back-up, who knows the club well.

Cheap? That's a bit presumptuous. So - Your third choice striker - who helped you to 11th place last season, leaves the club and is replaced by a poorer player. This cannot be seen in a positive light whichever way you look at it.

Even if my thread, which is being widely mocked was a result of me 'having a fucking 'mare' is true - that was whilst he was playing well for us. The rest of the season and the signing of Paul Heffernan - A player struggling in the Championship - proved just how poor he eventually became for us.

If he can carry on the way he played for us from day one, for you lot, then you've made the signing of the season - that being said, I just can't see it.

I had PM's on this very site about how Clarkson may possibly be suffering from a mental illness such as depression hence his complete lack of effort (Which was obviously not true) but the fact it was even suggested, shows the amount of effort he put in for us in the second half of the season.

There's a finisher there, and Motherwell fans will know that as much as Dundee fans do, if not better, but he just doesn't apply himself.

I'm sure there's various reasons why it never worked out for him in the later days at Dundee. I'm not about to start speculating.

Would he have been my first choice? Of course not, I was as surprised as many here. However, do I have an issue with it, or believe the signing is leading us down the path of certain relegation? Of course not, and it's mental to suggest it.

Certain players perform better at certain clubs? Why? No idea. But we've seen it lately with Sutton, for example. Flopped at Hearts, roundly mocked by their fans upon his resigning. Scored for fun here, again.

Like I said, I'd be staggered if he's first choice, but when he gets a chance, I'd be confident he'll score goals if the service is there from Ainsworth and Johnson. As you said, there's a finisher there.

Can't disagree with anything you said there Desp. Whilst I think he's a brutal signing, I'm sure Killie and St Mirren fans thought the same about us when we signed Harkins. Like you said, some players fit certain clubs, Clarkson may well fit yours. If he is third choice, then it's not the worst signing in the world - I reckon he'll be on a decent wedge though - but that's irrelevant.

I hope he does well despite my slatings, as long as it's not against us.

Archived