Motherwell FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was around for a while, was a young player, and we consistently brought in players to play ahead of him.

There's probably a player in there somewhere, but he never seemed capable of dislodging someone else in our midfield. The closest he got was the season before last, but really, if Lawson hadn't been made of spiders webs, he wouldn't have been anywhere near as regular as he was.

Thinking about it, he's going into the big pile of players leaving that I actually forgot we still had signed up.

Fantastic bit of business, was getting better and better as the season went on as his fitness improved and he got used to the demands of top flight football. Should be flying next year with a good pre-season behind him.

If Baraclough and co. can unearth a few more like him this summer I'll be delighted.

Fantastic bit of business, was getting better and better as the season went on as his fitness improved and he got used to the demands of top flight football. Should be flying next year with a good pre-season behind him.

If Baraclough and co. can unearth a few more like him this summer I'll be delighted.

Most important thing about it is that it signifies a big shift in our approach to contracts - he will be on a much improved wage no doubt but it should mean that anyone that wants him will need to pay a proper fee for him....

Marvellous Marvin Johnson!

Superb piece of business getting him tied down on a long term deal. Credit to the board for that.

First time I saw him was at Tynecastle in the lead up to the Scottish Cup final in McCall's first season when the team was chopped and changed every week - and he looked excellent. He definitely developed into a decent player as part of a very good side but like so many young players, his development hit a brick wall and his attitude when he came on against Thistle that day was a disgrace.

Given that he is not a headline grabbing player or has done anything of particular note, I would say that he's a fucking lucky boy to land at such a decent club - so I sincerely hopes he makes the most of the chance he's been given.

I remember that game too. At the time thought we were looking at our next Keith but just hasn't materialised.

I think he'll do a decent shift for St Mirren actually. Think Championship is probably a good level for him.

See we've been given permission to speak to a Wrexham striker. If we've been given permission does that mean we've offered some money for him?

See we've been given permission to speak to a Wrexham striker. If we've been given permission does that mean we've offered some money for him?

A year left on his contract and, seemingly, others interested. I think a fee would seem like!y. Changed times.

Jordan Thompson would be an interesting addition... just released from Man Utd

"Jordan is predominantly a left winger but found chances to play easier to come by as a left back at times. With a regular place in the Manchester United U-18 team in the last few months of the 2013/14 season, Jordan became an important attacking component within the team.

At the start of the 2014/15 season he shone at the Milk Cup but a bad injury meant he missed a long period of the season. Upon returning he played as a central midfielder and was surprisingly released by Manchester United at the end of the season."

Jordan Thompson would be an interesting addition... just released from Man Utd

"Jordan is predominantly a left winger but found chances to play easier to come by as a left back at times. With a regular place in the Manchester United U-18 team in the last few months of the 2013/14 season, Jordan became an important attacking component within the team.[/size]

At the start of the 2014/15 season he shone at the Milk Cup but a bad injury meant he missed a long period of the season. Upon returning he played as a central midfielder and was surprisingly released by Manchester United at the end of the season."

Except it's not him we are getting, it's Seanna Foster.

Admittedly, with all the names flying about now I'm losing track, but have we been linked with any midfielders yet? Given that we emptied a few, I'm interested to see if we plan to rely on Lasley again this season. I thought he had some very good games towards the end of the season and he's been a top player for us but given that this may be his last year, we are surely going to phase someone else in...

We're still talking to skippy despite being granted permission to speak to the moult boy. You'd assume if that's the case then Craig Moore will be away most likely on loan.

We're really short at centre back hopefully we can get something sorted this week in that department

Archived