Motherwell FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with Chris. He couldn't be faulted for effort. Always gave his best. Granted, his best was not even remotely close to being good enough.

He was laughably bad, and that's probably the reason he'll go down as some sort of cult hero in years to come.

Anthony Straker. So shite it was funny.

Agree with Chris. He couldn't be faulted for effort. Always gave his best. Granted, his best was not even remotely close to being good enough.

He was laughably bad, and that's probably the reason he'll go down as some sort of cult hero in years to come.

Anthony Straker. So shite it was funny.

I think it's important though to have occasional benchmarks for just how good/bad a player is, in that whoever we sign defensively, they have to be at least better than Straker.

Just like midfielders have to be better than Simon Mensing, and strikers better than Paul Keegan. It's a wee reminder that really, life isn't so bad, because none of these players play for us anymore.

I think it's important though to have occasional benchmarks for just how good/bad a player is, in that whoever we sign defensively, they have to be at least better than Straker.

Just like midfielders have to be better than Simon Mensing, and strikers better than Paul Keegan. It's a wee reminder that really, life isn't so bad, because none of these players play for us anymore.

You could make a comedy team out of these type of guys

GK: Miko Kaven

LB: Tony Straker

CB: Holm Kraska

CB: Gunni Johnsson

RB: Alan Sneddon

LM: Andy Roddie

CM: John Davies

CM: Roberto Martinez

RM: Trevor Malloy

CF: Mario Dorner

CF: Paul Keegan

Swello that's instant dismissal for having that side without Casagolda, surely the captain.

From the initial S.O. thread about a make-believe footballer, to him actually turning out to be real, to actually signing... Still the most bizarre and utterly hilarious episode i've ever witnessed at the football.

Swello that's instant dismissal for having that side without Casagolda, surely the captain.

From the initial S.O. thread about a make-believe footballer, to him actually turning out to be real, to actually signing... Still the most bizarre and utterly hilarious episode i've ever witnessed at the football.

My head is hanging in shame - can't believe I forgot him! I was too busy trying to get Mario Dorner in there :(

I've usually got a great memory for shite players that made < 5 appearances (I had a flashback recently that Gary Bollan played for us for instance) - but I've been racking my brains trying to remember the name of Mario Dorner's chum that signed at the same time and left at the same time for Darlington - Franz somebody?

What about that French right back we had a few year ago? Or the guy Butcher played once up front, got sent off and never played again? May also have been French when I think about it.

Franz Resch!

A quick google later and for a lesson on the history of the internet - check this link out and (if you're old enpugh) try not to weep when you names like Hendry, McSkimming and a rumour linking us with Jimmy Boco :))

Did his agent not turn out to be a BEAST as well?

Utterly surreal episode. My sig on Steelmen is still 'I believe' from that whole thing. Big Hutchy having to explain to him that the crowd at Dundee wanted a wave was fucking brilliant entertainment.

It's still going on as well, as his Wiki has made up stats about his time with us, I think. He never scored, did he?

Dear God...have a read through this 3 months of unfolding news! To think people complain about how the club is run these days!!

27th June

Motherwell have signed Austrian pair Franz Resch and Mario Dorner from VFB Modling, and under the Bosman ruling no transfer fee was paid. Although no transfer fee had to be paid, the deal for the pair cost the club £100,000

4th July

Austrian pair Franz Resch and Mario Doerner have accepted one year contracts with Motherwell after their former club Vfb Modling backed down over their demand for transfer fees. The pair will each net #50,000 for their one-year deals.

4th July

Motherwell and the SFA have lodged official complaints with FIFA over Vfb Modling's handling of the transfers of Franz Resch and Mario Dorner. The Austrian club are still refusing to accept that the pair can leave under the Bosman ruling and so far have not handed over an international clearance certificate

22nd July

FIFA have ruled that unless Motherwell and Vfb Modling settle the dispute over Austrian pair Franz Resch and Mario Dorner, then it will be put on their appeals committe agenda for September 1 when they will issue a binding decision. It appears that the document produced by Modling is legal and binding, therefore FIFA have ruled that the Austrian side can keep the duo for another year. Resch and Dorner have returned home and are consulting their lawyers, but Modling insist they'll only allow the players to join Motherwell if a £225,000 fee is paid.

28th July
Motherwell have finally signed Austrian duo Franz Resch and Mario Doerner after reaching a compromise with their former club, Vfb Modling. Both players made their debuts in the 3-0 defeat against Aston Villa at the weekend.

9th September

Alex McLeish has released Austrian pair Franz Resch and Mario Doerner, claiming they were no better than the young players already at the club

It's amazing stuff - we are the picture of professionalism these days compared to then. I remember I was at Fir Park to get my Season Ticket the day that those guys signed (in the days when the ticket office was a wee hatch where you had to disturb a grumpy secretary to ask for anything IIRC) - and I was introduced to one of them!

Some fantastic nuggets on that site - like the fact that Motherwell spent £50k on airfares for trialists that year and only signed Eric Garcin and Eliphas Shivute at the end of it :blink:

Archived