Motherwell FC 2015/16 Thread

Anyone else watched Laings interview on the clubs YouTube channel?

Just watched it there and it seems that some of the Cash converters advertising at the top of the East Stand has been taken off. A confirmation that we will have different sponsors perhaps?

It was mentioned on the club’s twitter feed a while back there would be a new sponsor (don’t know who though). The home kit will be a return to our 1970s diagonal claret sash design with reports that the sponsors logo will be small and positioned beneath a retro MFC monogram badge. The claret diagonal will go in the opposite direction to our 70s Pettigrew Umbro top. I am looking forward to seeing it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way ahead of you.

Clocked your input as I was lapping up the seeth earlier.

The boy said in his interview that this move was really good for him financially, not that I'm that knowledgeable about these things but wouldn't have thought we could pay THAT much more than Wrexham?

Clocked your input as I was lapping up the seeth earlier.

The boy said in his interview that this move was really good for him financially, not that I'm that knowledgeable about these things but wouldn't have thought we could pay THAT much more than Wrexham?

a 3 year deal is financially a good thing these days as much as wages alone and represents about the max length of contract a non-superstar gets - I understand that Wrexham were doing rolling 1 year deals...

Can we conclude from this signing that:

1. Our suggestions that Clarkson was brought in as a Sutton-type super sub are correct and

2. Skippy is unlikely to be back?

1. I'd say so however I also think there's the chance that it allows us to rotate and gives us different permutations depending on opposition. Having said that, in my limited knowledge of Moult and Fletcher (the same Youtube videos all of you have watched) they do look quite similar players, more penalty box players than the sort of player like say Erwin who would stretch defences a bit more. What do I know though, I've watched a grand total of 2 highlights packages on Youtube so by no means am I an authority on either of their playing styles.

2. I think us paying a fee for Moult finishes off the rumour about us being in for Lyle Taylor, I don't think it precludes McDonald signing though. Assuming we're going 442 then at the moment with Clarkson, Moult, Fletcher and Moore that's the 2 players for each position Baraclough mentioned in his interview. Add McDonald and that's 5 players playing for 2 positions, you'd think it'd be quite difficult to keep everyone happy in that circumstance however I suppose over the course of the season you've got injuries, dips in form. It'd be a luxury definitely. It might also allow the guys taking the step up from the Conference to get a bit of time to bed in and put a bit less pressure on them from the start.

Someone mentioned earlier either here or on Steelmen that we might see Moore go out on loan which would make a bit of sense since at 20 he needs to be getting first team games one way or another.

Despite us signing a few strikers, I wouldn't say that it rules out McDonald coming back. As mentioned, Clarkson is unlikely to be first choice and Fletcher, Moult and (to an extent) Moore are unproven at this level. Whilst the latter 3 are good prospects, I think it would be a bit dangerous if one of them were to be our main striker so I still think there's a chance McDonald will come in to fill that role.

On an unrelated note, am I the only Motherwell fan who liked Straker?

Hi Steelmen, Killie based Wrexham fan here, you've made a great signing today, a player with loads of potential a great finisher with the right service he'll knock a few in. Thought he was going to be the spearhead of our promotion challenge this season but not to be !

Good to know

Tried to get on Red passion forum and you need to be friends with the president of the USA. What is that all about - just to even read posts you have to register and when I tried - then stated it cannot be with a Hotmail address - WTF.

Despite us signing a few strikers, I wouldn't say that it rules out McDonald coming back. As mentioned, Clarkson is unlikely to be first choice and Fletcher, Moult and (to an extent) Moore are unproven at this level. Whilst the latter 3 are good prospects, I think it would be a bit dangerous if one of them were to be our main striker so I still think there's a chance McDonald will come in to fill that role.

On an unrelated note, am I the only Motherwell fan who liked Straker?

I loved the guy.

I mean, in terms of pure laugh out loud entertainment he was unparalleled.

Archived