Motherwell FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, I'm surprised the figure is as high as that. Still, I'd be happy with that sum.

A shame, but Lee is 21/22 years old now, he's not a kid. Still very raw, but he has the potential to be a very good player. Going to the batshit crazy house that is Elland Road is a strange choice, but he goes with my best wishes. I just hope he gets the first team football he needs to develop.

Shame, but I'll live. £500k is a great figure for him.

Agree on the loan front. Long suddenly looked an assured and capable keeper in the last 180 minutes and I like grant a lot. His mazey in the FP game was excellent. Absolutely has ability.

Erwin gave his boots away after the game, there was no way he was staying. Ainsworth was anonymous in the game up til his goal imo. Even his covering was poor where don't think he made a single tackle. I wouldn't be overly bothered if he were to go, but his goals are something else. Easily the best striker of the ball in our squad.

Erwin gave his boots away after the game, there was no way he was staying. Ainsworth was anonymous in the game up til his goal imo. Even his covering was poor where don't think he made a single tackle. I wouldn't be overly bothered if he were to go, but his goals are something else. Easily the best striker of the ball in our squad.

What? Ainsworth closed down their full backs numerous times and pressed them all over the park.

What? Ainsworth closed down their full backs numerous times and pressed them all over the park.

Yeah, he ran at them and was simply sidestepped on numerous occasions, utterly ineffective closing down. It's not what he's good at and it was what he had to do, but I thought he was terrible yesterday up til the goal.

Think you're being harsh there mate. Granted, his defensive side isn't his strongest point, but he certainly put a shift in yesterday IMO.

Agree with your last point though. Some striker of the ball is Lionel, he's scored a few crackers in his time with us.

Think Erwin is making a big mistake going at this early stage but can fully understand why, it's hard to ignore the kind of cash they'll be able to offer. He's shown his undoubted ability in flashes but still has a lot to work on, I think he'd have been better served getting 100 games with us under his belt before thinking about a move.

Skippy has been excellent in his second spell at the 'Well and he certainly left nothing out on the park. If he goes, it's with best wishes. Would be delighted if he stayed for another year.

I don't get the enthusiasm for Laing, admittedly I've probably only seen about 1/2 of all the games this year (home and away) but he makes far too many mistakes for me, not fussed about keeping a hold of him.

Ainsworth, would be trying to keep a hold of him. I appreciate he can be frustrating at times but I think he's often undervalued by the supporters.

I'm not sure about Sutton, I think he's great at what he does and think he is the model professional, I just don't know if he really fits with the way Barraclough wants to play so wouldn't see him starting many matches. He's an excellent option to have off the bench but I don't think it's really fair on him to have him sitting around unless he's prepared to take a lesser wage to reflect his role...

I think we can do better than Long in goals, granted in the playoff games he looked fairly assured for much of the time but has been poor otherwise. Perhaps we've just been spoiled in recent years with Randolph and Ruddy, after seeing Bell and MacDonald this weekend maybe I should be careful what I wish for!

I'd be very surprised to see Sutton stay. He hasn't really started many games under Baraclough, he doesn't seem like his kind of player. Which is why I was especially pleased to see him step up and stick that penalty away yesterday. A great servant to Motherwell FC, and not a peep from him the press about his restricted role of late. Terrific professional, and I wish him all the best at his next club.

Craig Moore now the only forward we have for next season, so I would expect at least two strikers being brought in.

George Long? I'd take another season with him. There's mistakes in there, but he's only going to get better considering his age. Exactly the same with Louis Laing, though if he signs on again, he'll need to see if he can change his name. It's fucking idiotic.

It'll certainly be an different Motherwell side next season. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Season Ticket will be purchased shortly. The 'Well Society can still do one though.

I think he came onto a game when it was 1-0 and the tie was over, didn't see him doing anything up til then. Maybe missed it due to the pressure of the game, but I'm pretty gobsmakcked at the general concensus,.

Archived