Motherwell FC 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He seemed pretty one dimensional, however it's ways good to have someone in the team that will run at defenders when in possession. Could be quite hard to replace.

It's a good move for Erwin as Leeds despite everything are still a big club. That said, I'd be amazed if he was in the starting 11 regularly next season and if ever a player needed more game time, it's Erwin given that he's played <20 games as a centre forward in our first team...

As far as I was made aware it is 60k Euros x 9 years = 540k Euros. At today's exchange rate that equates to approx £400k.

He is a rough prospect and my concern is that Leeds fans will expect a complete striker. I think he could go far in the game and with another year under his belt at Fir Park his value would be double or treble that amount. Sadly it is more to do with earning £7000 a week v £2000. Bit of a no brain er for the lad.

Actually think that marvellous Marvin would potentially be more of a loss. Thankfully we have him for another year + 1 year option beyond that, so should get closer to market value. Papers already reporting old firm sniffing about. No shock there!!!

Yeah, there's no doubt Erwin is a terrific prospect, but whether sitting on the bench at Leeds or playing reserve team football is the best place to develop, I'm not so sure. Who knows, maybe he'll set the place alight like McCormack did and we'll be here next summer talking about a £6m-£7m player...

Lee doesn't seem like sharpest knife in the drawer, so waving wads of cash in front of him was always likely to end with a move. Good luck to him though.

As for Marvellous Marvin, if anyone fancies buying him, start the bidding at £1m and go from there.

£325k isn't bad for a player who is a pretty rough prospect. His ability is obvious but I don't think he made such a huge impact that we can't replace him.

Bit harsh, in our last 10 games he scored 5 goals, set up two others and also won 3 penalties. The boy contributed as much as anybody to our survival and we might well have went down without the impact he made over the last few months of the season.

Not sure if it's the right career move for him at this time but then again if I were him and someone waved a three year contract worth a million quid in my face I'd probably sign it as well, especially if I had Erwin's injury history.

Good luck to the lad.

Bit harsh, in our last 10 games he scored 5 goals, set up two others and also won 3 penalties. The boy contributed as much as anybody to our survival and we might well have went down without the impact he made over the last few months of the season.

Think this is an important point - If you take Erwin (definitely away), McDonald (almost certainly away), & Ainsworth (likely to be away IMO), then you remove almost everything we did in an attacking sense in the closing stages of the season. Erwin made a huge contribution to keeping us up but I doubt anyone would argue that he is fully ready for a step up to a bigger club at this stage. However - there are very few players who would turn this move down based on developing further on a lesser wage.

Having him loaned back would be great - but highly unlikely here as we have no bargaining power at all as he's out of contract.

cheers might just go in tomorrow and give them the money as the form doesn't look like arriving any time soon

I'd been waiting on mine arriving, but like you, it's not appeared on my doormat. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and get it out the way.

cheers might just go in tomorrow and give them the money as the form doesn't look like arriving any time soon

The form is on the website, print it off, fill it in, take it to the office or post it. I handed mine in at the Thistle game and it qualified me for an Ibrox ticket, no queuing.

Archived