Motherwell FC 2015/16 Thread

I see our assistant manager Stephen Robinson has signed a one year extension to his contract until May 2017 tying him up until the same time that McGhee's contract will expire.  Robinson seems like a good coach so im pleased he has committed to a new deal.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see our man is over on the Rangers celtic thread telling everyone he doesn't care about Rangers,celtic and Europe.

I'm beginning to think that letter wasn't a fake.

Not happy about this. Steelmen Online told me he was single handedly to blame for everything wrong at Fir Park.

Nah, thats Alan Burrows/Mark McGhee/Les Hutchison/Well Society/Stephen McManus* you're thinking of.

*Delete as appropriate.

If we are gonna get into Europe then lets earn it rather than some backdoor entry off another team doing the job for us!  Personally id rather see us build on this season as we've achieved far more than we thought was a possible a month and a half ago.  Lets try and win a cup next year, far more enjoyable and memorable than being stuffed in Europe.  Thats my opinion anyway.

If we are gonna get into Europe then lets earn it rather than some backdoor entry off another team doing the job for us! Personally id rather see us build on this season as we've achieved far more than we thought was a possible a month and a half ago. Lets try and win a cup next year, far more enjoyable and memorable than being stuffed in Europe. Thats my opinion anyway.

Why not just close the backdoor all together and let one team qualify for Europe twice. It'll save other teams the hassle of trying to finish in a high league position.

If we are gonna get into Europe then lets earn it rather than some backdoor entry off another team doing the job for us! Personally id rather see us build on this season as we've achieved far more than we thought was a possible a month and a half ago. Lets try and win a cup next year, far more enjoyable and memorable than being stuffed in Europe. Thats my opinion anyway.

Hear! Hear!

We've achieved our main objective this season by avoiding relegation and somehow achieving top six. Anything else would have been a bonus.

For me, I'd love for nothing more than to push on and win a Cup as THAT is an achievement for a club like ours, not playing two glorified friendlies in a competition we're never going to make a scratch in.

I dont get me wrong, i enjoy Europe as much as the next fan but we got in a couple years back by being better than everyone outwith Celtic to deservedly qualify, i just feel we would remember and enjoy a cup win far far more than one possibly 2 qualifying rounds in Europe.  Thats got to be the aim for the club now, try and win one of the domestic clubs, other so called lesser clubs have been successful so why cant we?

I dont get me wrong, i enjoy Europe as much as the next fan but we got in a couple years back by being better than everyone outwith Celtic to deservedly qualify, i just feel we would remember and enjoy a cup win far far more than one possibly 2 qualifying rounds in Europe. Thats got to be the aim for the club now, try and win one of the domestic clubs, other so called lesser clubs have been successful so why cant we?

Indeed and you ask any 'Well fan who was around at the time to name our Cup winning side of '91 and the majority will be able to list them without a second thought. That's why we're having a 25 year anniversary celebration next month because that was the greatest achievement we've had in the last three decades. By the same token how many Motherwell fans could list the starting 11 and subs for say, the Panathanaikos match a few years back? Very few if any I'd wager. The next time we qualify for Europe I want it to be as Scottish Cup WINNERS.

Hear! Hear!

We've achieved our main objective this season by avoiding relegation and somehow achieving top six. Anything else would have been a bonus.

For me, I'd love for nothing more than to push on and win a Cup as THAT is an achievement for a club like ours, not playing two glorified friendlies in a competition we're never going to make a scratch in.

For me it is about watching Motherwell in a different part of the world. Just something different. Travelling with friends and enjoying a few local beers.

Of course we are never going to win the bloody thing. But unlikely we will win title unless a sheikh takes a fancy to us.

And yes a cup win would be better than a couple of rounds in Europe. That much is bloody obvious..

Anyway not to be. Hope Hibs win the cup now.

For me it is about watching Motherwell in a different part of the world. Just something different. Travelling with friends and enjoying a few local beers.

Of course we are never going to win the bloody thing. But unlikely we will win title unless a sheikh takes a fancy to us.

And yes a cup win would be better than a couple of rounds in Europe. That much is bloody obvious..

Anyway not to be. Hope Hibs win the cup now.

To be fair, I don't travel to away legs when we've been in Europe but obviously for those who do then I can see why it'd be great. For me I want us to win every single game we play (which I'm fully aware we can't ) and so Europe is just a predictable road to nowhere and to enjoy it you need to be able to invest time and money to travel abroad for the 'Tartan army' style piss up abroad. That's not a slight on anyone who does that incidentally, but it's just not for me.

Archived